Home U.S. Coin Forum

A New Bust i just bought!Also PCGS :)

bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
imageimage
Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!

Comments

• ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
  • WOW! I love it!

Looking for Au Classic Commems...
    Also looking for VF-EF Seated halves.

Sell me your old auction catalogs...image
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Ray
  • fcfc Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭
    that is some crazy colors on that busty! very eye appealing if not my cup of tea exactly.
    is that album toning?
  • etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful. image

Looks like a great pickup to me.

Mike
  • blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice!!!
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty half.
  • I am not one for toners, but THAT is GORGEOUS!
  • bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭

<< <i>that is some crazy colors on that busty! very eye appealing if not my cup of tea exactly.
    is that album toning? >>

Yes,it is album toning from an old high end collection off the market over 25 years.image
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations. I was one of the watchers.
    I had anticipated bidding, but it surpassed my high bid early on.
  • SeattleSlammerSeattleSlammer Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, it's okay, I guess.

• that's a colorful wonder... nice coin

-sm
  • MillerJWMillerJW Posts: 649 ✭✭
    beautiful toning! image
    MSgt USAF Jan-06 - Present
  • dizzyfoxxdizzyfoxx Posts: 9,823 ✭✭✭
    Nice one Lloyd. It would fit very comfortably in my box.image
    image...There's always time for coin collecting. image
  • scoobydeuxscoobydeux Posts: 498 ✭✭
    Fantastic!! Nicely toned bust halves are my main area of interest, andyour 1831 is an A+.

Just curious, but what's the grade?? At the expense of exposing by backside to the entire numismatic world, I'd venture to say AU 55.

Do you like the toning on the one below? Guess the grade (without looking it up!!)

"Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."

<< <i>Fantastic!! Nicely toned bust halves are my main area of interest, andyour 1831 is an A+.

Just curious, but what's the grade?? At the expense of exposing by backside to the entire numismatic world, I'd venture to say AU 55.

Do you like the toning on the one below? Guess the grade (without looking it up!!)

image >>

LOVE the toning of your bust and i would guess 63,you were dead on with the 55 guess,but i think its a 58,tough to tell from pics.image
  • eyoung429eyoung429 Posts: 6,374
    You SUCK!!!!!!!!

I LOVE HER!!!!!
    This is a very dumb ass thread. - Laura Sperber - Tuesday January 09, 2007 11:16 AM image

Hell, I don't need to exercise.....I get enough just pushing my luck.
  • tsacchtsacch Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭
    You do suck, I wanted that one, but was not going to buy it pre auction at the asking price....then was out and didnt put in auto bid.......NICE
    Family, kids, coins, sports (playing not watching), jet skiing, wakeboarding, Big Air....no one ever got hurt in the air....its the sudden stop that hurts. I hate Hurricane Sandy. I hate FEMA and i hate the blasted insurance companies.
  • You Triple Suck Lloyd!!!image

• << <i>You Triple Suck Lloyd!!!image >>

+1
  • GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>imageimage >>

Great toning, great Bust......you are lucky to have that one......Congrats!!!!!
  • scoobydeuxscoobydeux Posts: 498 ✭✭
    First of all, you don't SUCK. However, what you do have great taste. (Nice avitar of Jerry, by the way.)

It always difficult trying to tell the grade by pics as the ability to determine the luster is offset by the ability to evaluate the surface/toning. To state it more clearly, if you have a clear view of one you lose the other. Much like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, if you're a physics fan. That said, the even wear, particularly over the lower curls and tip of the bust of your 1831 seemed to me to be 55 quality.

On the 1829 pic I sent--it's a little tricky as the folds in the cap are poorly struck, and the bust tip is also a bit weak; however, the asymmetry definitely suggests weakness and not wear as you intuited by you MS classification. In hand the luster, though muted from the intense toning, is bright and beautiful and the bag marks are few. It's a 64.

P.S--any more nicely toned ones you could post??

P.P.S--if you don't mind me asking--would you be willing to reveal the selling price of your 1831 (and/or where it came from)? An AU 1831 is currently priced on the PCGS site at $850, but (here goes my butt on thel ine again) I think your 1831 could eaisly bring $1700 for of the chart eye appeal.
    "Discipline is never an end in itself, only a means to an end."
  • Great toning.
    -Rome is Burning

• labloverlablover Posts: 3,590 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lloyd,

You have a very attractive bust!image
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice Lloyd!!!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• richardshipprichardshipp Posts: 5,647 ✭✭✭
    Holy Smokes... It's gorgeous.
  • HadleydogHadleydog Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭
    Sweet coin, Lloyd. I really like it. image

<< <i>First of all, you don't SUCK. However, what you do have great taste. (Nice avitar of Jerry, by the way.)

It always difficult trying to tell the grade by pics as the ability to determine the luster is offset by the ability to evaluate the surface/toning. To state it more clearly, if you have a clear view of one you lose the other. Much like the Heisenberg uncertainty principle, if you're a physics fan. That said, the even wear, particularly over the lower curls and tip of the bust of your 1831 seemed to me to be 55 quality.

On the 1829 pic I sent--it's a little tricky as the folds in the cap are poorly struck, and the bust tip is also a bit weak; however, the asymmetry definitely suggests weakness and not wear as you intuited by you MS classification. In hand the luster, though muted from the intense toning, is bright and beautiful and the bag marks are few. It's a 64.

P.S--any more nicely toned ones you could post??

P.P.S--if you don't mind me asking--would you be willing to reveal the selling price of your 1831 (and/or where it came from)? An AU 1831 is currently priced on the PCGS site at $850, but (here goes my butt on thel ine again) I think your 1831 could eaisly bring $1700 for of the chart eye appeal. >>

Thanks my friend,and over 1500,less than 1600 pricewise.Love the one you posted.For this type of quality and color,throw away the sheets.image
  • 500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Beautiful! It is a shame it is rusted image
    Finem Respice

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file