Home Sports Talk
Options

China to censor internet reporting from Olympics to keep out political news and comments

The Chinese Govt. is going back on their wordl, the Olympics should just be cancelled right now for all I care.

It was a huge mistake to give them the Olympics in the first place.

Comments

• Options

<< <i>
    It was a huge mistake to give them the Olympics in the first place. >>

+infinity
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>The Chinese Govt. is going back on their wordl, the Olympics should just be cancelled right now for all I care.

Agreed. I kind of hate the Chinese-- not the people, but that ridiculous government-- and I have this sinking feeling that I'm going to hate them even more by Labor Day.
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    agreed- are they gonna jam cell phones too?
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Communists do truly suck - One day "the people" there will overthrow that tyranical government, and I'll look forward to that day.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The Chinese Govt. is going back on their wordl, the Olympics should just be cancelled right now for all I care.

The Nazis held the Olympics in 1936 and we know what happened after that - I'm not equating the two situations but the Nazi Olympics showed that it doesn't pay to try to placate dictators...it only makes matters worse.

Little known fact - "Everyone" here in the US knows about the Jesse Owens triumph but the Germans actually did quite well in the 1936 Olympics - I didn't Google it but I believe the Germans won the most gold medals and of course Hitler used that to help propagate his "Master Race" theory.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭