Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help! I need some quick opinions on this.

Notwithstanding my earlier rant, I may be able to go to the National after all, this weekend. I've been to the National before, but not on a Sunday. So here's the deal: I have the option to lay my Sunday flight over until the evening, to go on Sunday as well as Saturday. The question is, is it worth being there on Sunday?

Provided my flight is on time Saturday, I'll be there all day Saturday. Lemme know if Sunday is worth it in your opinion. Thanks!

RB
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    You might find some sellers who want to blow stuff out and not take it home with them.
    Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had good success on the last day.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    True indeed , you never know , you might find someone that is so fed up with all the buyers that drove him insane all weekend , that they're thinking about getting out of the hobby forever .

Imagine that, catchin someone on a complete meltdown !
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>True indeed , you never know , you might find someone that is so fed up with all the buyers that drove him insane all weekend , that they're thinking about getting out of the hobby forever .

Imagine that, catchin someone on a complete meltdown ! >>

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You might find some sellers who want to blow stuff out and not take it home with them. >>

I have never been to a National but what storm says makes sense. I would stay for both days.
  • Options
    If you're enjoying the show then stay!
    -Rome is Burning

• Options

<< <i>I have never been to a National. >>

Yet! image
  • Options
    Never been to a card show, but if it's anything like coin shows, Sunday is a waste of time.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I have never been to a National. >>

Yet! image >>

ARE YOU THREATENING ME??!!

• Options
    Stay for two days Ron. You'll see a lot of stuff on Sunday that you missed on Saturday.

Dave D.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Take a break from the hobby.

Don't go.

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    fandangofandango Posts: 2,622
    so your not quiting the hobby?

glad to hear it, have a great time at the national....
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

Be careful not to get into an imbroglio. image
  • Options
    Don't go. After you're done Sunday, you're going to say why did I ever make this trip. Just my .02
  • Options
    Ron, none of my bussiness whatsoever but since you have posted this stuff I will throw it at you.

1-Your thinking of quiting the hobby
    2-In the same breath your thinking of going to the National-only question here is if its going to be 1 or 2 days
    3-You stated awhile ago that your thinking of selling everything and possibly starting a 53 Bowman Color set and/or a 52 Bowman Large Football set

I have never been to any National but I would think that your setting yourself up for dissapointment if the show is what I think its going to be like- a feeding frenzy of a ton of stuff that may be overpriced due to the hype of the show? Whats your gameplan if any? You have presented a ton of beautiful Raw cards that you pick up-you seem to have a great eye for the stuff so maybe thats what your after?

What's the plan, Im just curious- like I said its none of my bussiness but it seems like you are completely unsure of what your gameplan is and it would be awful for you to waste the time and energy going if your in a bad place as far as the hobby goes.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>True indeed , you never know , you might find someone that is so fed up with all the buyers that drove him insane all weekend , that they're thinking about getting out of the hobby forever .

Imagine that, catchin someone on a complete meltdown ! >>

image >>

Seems to happen every few hours around here....and I am quitting the hobby because of it...BRB