Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Box Blasters - Which ones have odds similar to hobby?

I occasionally buy box blasters when I'm at Target or Wally Mart, typically football and baseball. I've noticed that the retail Playoff Products are much worse than the hobby product in terms of pulls. Topps seems to be more consistent. I don't buy Upper Deck products at retail because I don't trust the company to be fair.

I recently bought 5 Heritage Baseball blasters and was disappointed in the pulls. The best I got was a Lance Berkman chrome.

Does anyone else have any experience with recent box blasters? Especially the 2008 Press Pass.
Mike

Comments

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    I was checking the local WalMart and KMart for A&G or the Goudeys (none on both of those). I found 3 boxes of 07 Topps 52 Rookies, are there any sweet cards in that set?
  • Options
    There are no baseball blasters with odds similar to hobby, that is why retail is cheaper. I don't have any experience with the football so I can't help you there.
  • Options
    BunchOBullBunchOBull Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭
    I've pulled several autos and GU cards with 1:10000+ odds in several blasters over the last year.

As for the 2007 '52, I've pulled multiple autos from those blasters.
    Collector of most things Frank Thomas. www.BigHurtHOF.com
  • Options
    I stopped buying blasters awhile back. It's worth it to go to a shop ot buy online. Hobby and HTA when available for the better odds and a chance to get the pulls you cant get in retail.

imageimageimage
  • Options
    Yea, I don't like buying the balsters because of the odds , sure you're geting a box cheaper , but less cards and less of a chance of getting the cards I am liking or looking for or would like to pull .

I only buy the blasters when I am jonsing for a rippin and I'm in a pinch
  • Options
    Topps products are usually closer on the odds to Hobby and many times Topps blasters are better than Hobby. My A&G hobby boxes last year were so bad I refuse to buy Hobby on it this year. Retail on the other hand was great. Topps Chrome I buy Retail only on it.
  • Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,078 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also had great luck on Topps Chrome Football last year. Pull an autograph in 4 of 5 boxes I bought.

For some reason, I thought heritage retail and hobby had the same odds.

Mike
  • Options
    mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭
    Went to a Wal-Mart in Arkansas while on a trip last week. They had some of the 6 pack blasters on sale for only $4.97, but the great part was they had some of the 12 pack blasters on sale and mislabeled at the same price.

The odds are pretty tough for big pulls, but if youre looking to complete regular insert sets or base sets, blasters can be a cheaper alternative.
    IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY