Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Cook Island proof set question

Just wondering if this is a more than slightly optimistic eBay seller ...

COOK ISLANDS 1988 PROOF SET 7 COINS

tho' I would imagine the seller's location *might* be a slight indication of optimism.
1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole

Comments

• Options
    theboz11theboz11 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭
    If it is a Proof 70 Dong Dollar, madmarty would go that price , I thinkimage
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭
    The 1988 is one of the harder proof sets to find. I finally found a 1990 in NZ and I had to fork out $50 for it! If that was a 1994 I would be all over it. I have been looking for one of those for years and can't find one.
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    weresteveweresteve Posts: 1,224
    Hmm ... guess I should have checked the issue quantity in Krause. Still, I don't think I will be going whole hog in an effort to try and match the Mad One's efforts at a complete Weenie Coin set. Finally got in the 1972 proof set I found on eBay and the dollar will be going in with my next submission. Probably nothing too spectacular as it appears to be in the 67-68 DCAM range.
    1st You Suck - 04/07/05 - Thanks MadMarty!

Happy Rock Wrens

You're having delusions of grandeur again. - Susan Ivanova
    Well, if you're gonna have delusions, may as well go for the really satisfying ones. - Marcus Cole