Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Oh crud.

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just had someone from China win one of my auctions on eBay. I don't ship to China. If I don't send it, think I'll get my first negative?

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I just had someone from China win one of my auctions on eBay. I don't ship to China. If I don't send it, think I'll get my first negative? >>

What does his feedback look like?
  • Options
    Feedback is Private.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not an ebay expert...best of luck

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toolhaus has him pegged at over 800 positive feedback (100%).

I say that if he's reasonable about paying due shipping and understands that you can't insure it, then ship it.

Toolhaus
  • Options
    Thanks Roman.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    I've shipped to him with no problems.
  • Options
    I'd say if he pays and agrees that you cannot assume responsibilty, since you cannot insure it, then ship. However, your auction page clearly indicated the countries to which you ship, and China wasn't one of them, so I think you can justifiably say no, and then make a second chance offer to the next highest bidder.
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    I would ship to him. With 856 positive feedbacks and no negatives you shouldn't have a problem.
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    We ship stuff to my wife's family in China all the time. Nothing ever gets lost or stolen. I'd just wrap the stuff up so it doesn't look, feel or sound like coins and ship it without a second thought.

I'd never buy coins from China, but I'll ship 'em there no problem.
  • Options
    The problem I have had with China is the buyer saying it never arrived, they file a PayPal payback, the buyer always wins eventhough the buyer agreed to decline insurance (Registered Mail) and have the item shipped at his risk. Whether the item really never go there or not, I don't know.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508
    i've had about 25% of my last ebay auctions go to Chinese eBay buyers. They paid very quickly, the coins arrived and were signed for, and I received positive feedback. I have a half dozen other Hong Kong and Chinese sellers that I frequently buy from, all with great results and all of the coins I've received from them the past year have slabbed problem free. I guess just like US sellers, it all depends on whom with which you deal.

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never thought to block China, but I have ended up selling there and had no problems. I have also bought from China, and was quite pleased. I have never bought coins though, only modern paper money. I bought coins in China while there, very easy to buy gold and silver now, and priced at melt unlike here.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21