Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

best pull of my life

I am probably the worst pack puller around. I seem to never get good cards. Well today payed off. I bought 3 packs of 1984 topps football off of ebay. I only opened two of the packs and look what I got. I almost fell down. The first pack I opened I pulled the Elway and I almost didn't open the other. I was going to keep two packs unopened. I decied to open one more and pulled the Marino. Sorry about the grammer I am in a hurry.

Comments

• Options
    fattymacsfattymacs Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, good things come to those who wait(and rip).
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    nice pull.. rough centering.. but the excitement of the pull offsets it
  • Options
    julen23julen23 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭
    very nice job.

j
    RIP GURU
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭
    Very nice and congratulations!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!

The same thing happened to when I got a few packs from bbce. I don't remember exactly how many packs I bought but I know it wasn't more than 5. I pulled the Marino and the Elway as well.

The centering was bad on the Marino which graded a 7. The centering was right on with the Elway which graded an 8 due to "snow" on the surface
  • Options
    TJMACTJMAC Posts: 864 ✭✭
    Great pull!!! Both are nice looking cards. Congrats.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>nice pull.. rough centering.. but the excitement of the pull offsets it >>

Out of the two packs i opened there isn't one card with 50/50 centering and maybe only a few with 60/40. I have to admitt for a packs of cards that are almost 25 yrs old. The edges and corners are near perfect on every card.
  • Options
    billwaltonsbeardbillwaltonsbeard Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats!! Helluva pull!

I havent really seen alot of these graded, but I have seen several 86 Fleers with comparable centering get 9s with NQ. Would these get an OC qualifier? anyone?
  • Options
    Judging from the pictures it looks like you couldn't wait to tear right into those packs..lol
    Congrats on finding the 2 best cards in the 84' set.

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    zep33zep33 Posts: 6,897 ✭✭✭
    and from ebay too? great - who was the seller? Obvously an honest one

nice packs!!!
  • Options
    Very nice cards. I ask myself, "why was 1983 the year I decided to put a hold on card collecting?" Oh now I remember: 16 yrs old, car, women and drinking.
  • Options
    jswietonjswieton Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭

<< <i>and from ebay too? great - who was the seller? Obvously an honest one

nice packs!!! >>

robgio87 was the seller.
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    very nice pull. congratulations.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    JeremyDie1JeremyDie1 Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

I havent really seen alot of these graded, but I have seen several 86 Fleers with comparable centering get 9s with NQ. Would these get an OC qualifier? anyone? >>

I would say they look like straight 8's.
  • Options
    I specialize in vintage paks and have dealt with (Robgio87) on several occasions on and outside of ebay. He's a big fan of unopened material and is most trustworthy. He never reseals, cherry picks or sequences his material. You'll never go wrong buying from him so mark down his user ID.
    Another ebay seller of vintage paks with an equally impeccable reputation is (kimtimmy). I have dealt with both of these sellers over the past 5 years and they are above reproach. In fact on a few occassions both of these sellers sent me expensive vintage paks prior to having received my payment--I think that in itself speaks volumes!!!
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me"--Wyatt Earp
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Awesome pull, Congrats image
  • Options
    baseballjeffbaseballjeff Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Wow!

You did awesome! Congrats!
  • Options
    Arsenal83Arsenal83 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭
    PM sent