Home Sports Talk

Any Top 12 Fantasy Football picks depth charts ready?

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is mine..My league awards 6 points per TD across the board and 1 point per reception. Yards Rushing/receiving is 1 point per 10yds and 1 point per 25 YDS passing.

1-LT
2-Peterson
3-Westbrook
4-S.Jackson
5-Brady
6-Addai
7-Gore
8-Manning
9-Moss
10-McGahee
11-Owens
12-Lynch

Whats everyones thoughts about Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson? How about Michael Turner- I think he will be a BUST in Atlanta.

Comments

• TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I took Gore with my #1 pick last year (6th overall) and he was a total bust so I can't stand the thought of picking him again this year. He might be in my top 25, but not my top 12. I like the rest of your rankings though.
  • KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Only LT has more TD's in the last 2 years than Marion Barber, and he wasn't even a starter.

Im looking for Barber to have a big year this year

Dave
  • HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    ordinarily Id say LT no brainer no-1, but he looked so fragile and afraid coming off last years knee injury....

westbrook is going on...29? I always wonder how long he could last...but he's the eagles offense...

Addai was ok, but better as a part timer... and Manning throws it into the endzone WAY to much (I owned him last year).

Dont think Romo is top 10???

<< <i>Only LT has more TD's in the last 2 years than Marion Barber, and he wasn't even a starter.

Im looking for Barber to have a big year this year

Dave >>

maybe, then again I think he looked really worn down in games where he was counted on to be the #1....
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I completely forgot about Barber when I made my list, but like Hype said I dont know if he can be a feature back although he would seem to have fresh legs sharing time with Barber the past few years.

I highly doubt Brady/Moss will come close to the #'s they had last year but still enough to be the #1's at their positions-Maroney should have a better year if he can learn to not run standing up all the time. Am I the only one that is hesitant to grab Westbrook and regretting it? You know he will be questionable a good portion of the games and miss at least one start but he consistently pulls in 75+ catches and 1300+ on the ground, I have the #5 pick and will take him if he is available.

<< <i>I completely forgot about Barber when I made my list, but like Hype said I dont know if he can be a feature back although he would seem to have fresh legs sharing time with Barber the past few years.

I highly doubt Brady/Moss will come close to the #'s they had last year but still enough to be the #1's at their positions-Maroney should have a better year if he can learn to not run standing up all the time. Am I the only one that is hesitant to grab Westbrook and regretting it? You know he will be questionable a good portion of the games and miss at least one start but he consistently pulls in 75+ catches and 1300+ on the ground, I have the #5 pick and will take him if he is available. >>

you can't argue his production, and he's a huge go-to guy, McNabb will probably have a better season this year (2nd year removed from major injury), he was playing much better @ the end of last year, a healthy mcnabb means westbrook will be well used and able to get free.

he's a gamer... I wonder how many fantasy guys LOST games when the Eagles were up on the Cowboys.... and Westbook was composed enough to stop on the 1 to run the clock out instead of scoring a garbage TD !
  • jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    Gore is going to have a breakout year....Martz is the OC, and has already pledged to use Gore like he used Faulk. 1300 yds rushing, 80 receptions, 12 total TDs not out of the question.

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is mine..My league awards 6 points per TD across the board and 1 point per reception. Yards Rushing/receiving is 1 point per 10yds and 1 point per 25 YDS passing.

1-LT
    2-Peterson
    3-Westbrook
    4-S.Jackson
    5-Brady
    6-Addai
    7-Gore
    8-Manning
    9-Moss
    10-McGahee
    11-Owens
    12-Lynch

Whats everyones thoughts about Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson? How about Michael Turner- I think he will be a BUST in Atlanta. >>

McGahee is very overrated, IMO. LJ has nothing around him on that offense. Ricky Williams will cut into Brown's time. Rudi's been a bust for about two years now. I agree, Turner will also be a bust in that offense.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Manning has question marks too. Andre Johnson and Braylon Edwards should close the gap on R. Wayne & TO (but not Moss). Graham and the kid on the Packers should be better than Lynch and McGahee. Gore is a crapshoot and Jamaal Lewis dropped 25 pounds and supposedly looks real good. I love FF!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    backs were AWFUL last year, almost everyone got hammered on those. LT only picked it up at the end. S jax has been at the top a few years now and hasn't
    done squat. Rams just don't score like they used to. I renamed my team last year to FrankGore Sucks...that should cover that...McGahee...no thx.

No sophmore jinx for Peterson? what other weapons does Minny have? He won't run wild like he did last year!

Addai doesn't excite me either.

Kevin

• << <i>ordinarily Id say LT no brainer no-1, but he looked so fragile and afraid coming off last years knee injury....

westbrook is going on...29? I always wonder how long he could last...but he's the eagles offense...

Addai was ok, but better as a part timer... and Manning throws it into the endzone WAY to much (I owned him last year).

Dont think Romo is top 10??? >>

Romo shouldnt be in anyones top ten
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey

• << <i>backs were AWFUL last year, almost everyone got hammered on those. LT only picked it up at the end. S jax has been at the top a few years now and hasn't
    done squat. Rams just don't score like they used to. I renamed my team last year to FrankGore Sucks...that should cover that...McGahee...no thx.

No sophmore jinx for Peterson? what other weapons does Minny have? He won't run wild like he did last year!

Addai doesn't excite me either.

Kevin >>

Its the injury history that wont allow me to put him in my top three. He is behind LT, SJ, and Westbrook in my rankings.

imagey
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    Call me crazy, but I'm taking Frank Gore with my first pick ... even if it is the number one overall pick.

/s/ JackWESQ

<< <i>

<< <i>ordinarily Id say LT no brainer no-1, but he looked so fragile and afraid coming off last years knee injury....

Romo shouldnt be in anyones top ten >>

his production last year was how close to manning?

<< <i>Call me crazy, but I'm taking Frank Gore with my first pick ... even if it is the number one overall pick.

/s/ JackWESQ >>

WOW, seriously thinking Gore at #1 overall? No doubt he has talent but his knees scare me not to mention he is not a goaline back. I like him him but no way over LT. Peterson has such explosive talent its not a stretch thinking he will be at least as good even though his production tailed off the last 4 games last year- Minny has pretty much the same team as last year as well.

Ryan Grant would be in my top ten if Favre was still at QB but Rodgers starting spells trouble for the Pack IMO.
  • so many RB's split time this year that your gonna want one who gets the full load of carries and points.

Paul, I would suggest a draft strategy that involves picking only retired Patriots QB's Eason, Grogan, etc. Without a doubt it would be a memorable draft.

<< <i>so many RB's split time this year that your gonna want one who gets the full load of carries and points.

Paul, I would suggest a draft strategy that involves picking only retired Patriots QB's Eason, Grogan, etc. Without a doubt it would be a memorable draft. >>

Yea while Im at it I will look to grab Hart Lee Dykes- HUGE upside with him! image

• << <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>ordinarily Id say LT no brainer no-1, but he looked so fragile and afraid coming off last years knee injury....

Romo shouldnt be in anyones top ten >>

his production last year was how close to manning? >>

neither should manning

imagey
  • JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭

<< <i>WOW, seriously thinking Gore at #1 overall? >>

I have lots of reasons for wanting to take Gore #1, not the least of which are his past numbers and the fact that he plays on my favorite team. But when I read this, it pretty much sealed the deal ...

Postcards from 49ers Camp

3. Running back Frank Gore looks sensational. People who have coached against and played against Martz's offense during its heyday with the Rams contend that running back Marshall Faulk was the one who made the unit go, not quarterback Kurt Warner. Gore has the talent to make that type of impact with the 49ers. Martz plans to expand Gore's role and give him more than a check-down option in the passing game. If the first day of camp is any indication, Gore should be a matchup nightmare. He showed soft hands and excellent burst. When Faulk counseled Gore in the offseason, he told him it's imperative that he stay in the playbook and learn the responsibilities of every position. Gore says he spent an extra 30-40 minutes nightly going over his playbook at home, and he'll do the same during the season.

/s/ JackWESQ

<< <i>Here is mine..My league awards 6 points per TD across the board and 1 point per reception. Yards Rushing/receiving is 1 point per 10yds and 1 point per 25 YDS passing.

1-LT
    2-Peterson
    3-Westbrook
    4-S.Jackson
    5-Brady
    6-Addai
    7-Gore
    8-Manning
    9-Moss
    10-McGahee
    11-Owens
    12-Lynch

Whats everyones thoughts about Larry Johnson, Ronnie Brown, Rudi Johnson? How about Michael Turner- I think he will be a BUST in Atlanta. >>

Well looking back at my preseason top 12 list Im embarressed!
  • Well looking back at my preseason top 12 list Im embarressed!

Nothing to be embarressed about

Most of the lists i saw before the year were very similiar

Injuries can't be predicted , except Mcnabb of course image
  • BigRedMachineBigRedMachine Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

1-LT
    2-Peterson
    3-Westbrook
    4-S.Jackson
    5-Brady
    6-Addai
    7-Gore
    8-Manning
    9-Moss
    10-McGahee
    11-Owens
    12-Lynch

Well looking back at my preseason top 12 list Im embarressed! >>

Nothing to be TRULY embarassed about. Hindsight is always 20/20. I'm never high on QB's, so I wouldn't have any on my list. I wait for guys to "waste" early round picks on qb's. I got Cutler in the 6th round of my draft, then was able to take a flier on Warner in the 9th. That's worked out nicely. Steven Jackson was my first round pick. Like Kobecollector says, you can try to avoid injury plagued guys (Westbrook), but you never know. I got Jones-Drew in the 2nd round, Jacobs in the 3rd. They rank T-1rst in rushing touchdowns.

But it's not all good. Wait until the fourth round to draft a WR, you get guys like Driver, Roy E Williams, and Coles at WR, so I'm hurting there.

I wanna know if you picked up the no name no one had heard of that I brought to your attention in the last post HERE He's tied for 7th in rushing touchdowns, and was really a nobody I picked up in the last round of my draft.

I'll admit, I was with you on Turner. I didn't like the Falcons offensive line at all.

Don't give up on Addai as a worthy first round pick. He's already played the Ravens, Steelers, Bears, Vikings, Titans, and Patriots. Next on the list? San Diego, Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Detroit.
    I cant access that link! Was it Hightower you talked about?

did I fix it?

<< <i>did I fix it? >>

It works now! Honestly I did remember you talking about Hightower- great eye for talent!!
    I don't think I've logged on here for a month.

Nothing like doing it to toot my own horn. image

<< <i>I don't think I've logged on here for a month.

Nothing like doing it to toot my own horn. image >>

• gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    While it was a nice pick on the surface, Hightower has been a bust since he was named the starter.

<< <i>While it was a nice pick on the surface, Hightower has been a bust since he was named the starter. >>

A bust? I'll agree he hasn't done much in his two games as a starter, and that sucks if you waited until week 10 to pick him up.

But in this fantasy thread, he could not get another yard and not be a bust.

The guy has 7 TDs, and I picked him with the 132nd pick in my draft.

That's more TD's than Tomlinson, Westbrook, SJax, Addai, Gore, McGahee, Lynch, all taken in the top 12 in Paul's preseason draft order.

It's more than Marion Barber, Jamaal Lewis, and Ryan Grant too.

Not a fantasy bust.