Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2008 US Mint uncirculated sets are coming very soon.....Subscription processed today

ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,903 ✭✭✭✭
Just checked my Mint account. The 2008 Mint set subscriptions are now in process with expected ship date of 8/12. In case you ultra-modern freaks careimage

Comments

• Options
    Cancelled all my subscriptions earlier this year. Decided with the backlog of many items that the Mint has that I would be better off waiting until later in the year to order what I wanted all at once. Save on shipping.
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    MrBearMrBear Posts: 378 ✭✭✭
    I used to subscribe to a bunch of stuff from the mint. Then I realized that everything shipped separately, and I was spending a lot on shipping. Now I just wait until late summer to get the annual sets, or add 'em onto a special order I was placing for other things.
    Occasionally successful coin collector.
  • Options
    Same here, will buy everything together to save on s/h
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Perhaps you'll get it soon, perhaps not. I, too, cancelled all of my subscriptions after the Prez proof fiasco this year.
    Took them months to process my order when they were actually available on the website. I realized then that I'll just place my
    own orders when I want them, and also to combine on shipping.
    Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    As a true Business Strike fanatic I could care less ---- just more dime a dozen coins to be added to the set's soon. I have not gotten a thing from the mint since 05 and most likely will continual not getting anything from them.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭

<< <i>As a true Business Strike fanatic I could care less ---- just more dime a dozen coins to be added to the set's soon. I have not gotten a thing from the mint since 05 and most likely will continual not getting anything from them.

Dan >>

Business strikes are the only true coins in my opinion. The rest are just souvenirs from the Mint.
  • Options
    Speaking of mint sets and business strikes. Was there not a time when mint sets actually consisted of business strikes? When did the production of mint set coins become different from regular business strikes?
  • Options
    2005 was the start of the Satin Finish set's from the mint before that it was Business Strike's in the mint set's. In 65 - 67 there was no Mint set's or Proof sets, there were Special Mints sets made- a cross between Business Strike and Proof coin's.

Dan
    U S Navy Retired 22 years - ENC(SW) Ret. - Travling Nuclear Maintanence Contractor - Working Indian Point Nuclear plant Buchanan New York

">Franklin Halves
    ">Kennedy Halves
  • Options
    jsfjsf Posts: 1,889
    I just received notification about the silver sets soon to be shipped. Those will be my last of the year except for the two gold liberties and my continual old gold trek.
  • Options
    Thank you, halfnut.
  • Options
    I thought it would be fun to play the 'no edge inscription lottery' and I like coin sets with their packaging so I ordered two sets. Didn't get any inscriptionless dollar coins, but the sets really look nice. I can't really tell the difference between the so-called 'satin-finish' which is supposed to be unique for these coins, and a lot of the coins in both sets were pretty baggy. I thought that these coins are supposed to be struck and handled through a process, that while not as rigorous and quality-controlled as for their proof brethren, is supposed to limit bagmarks. Anyway, like I said, they still look nice.
  • Options
    As I collect all proof and mint tssues of a given year, where
    could I get the 28 NON SATIN coins all at once in 2x2s?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file