Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

I thought state quarters were popular.

dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
In looking at the set with 188 sets registered, only 20 are 100% complete. I would have thought it would be much higher.
Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Comments

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm collecting the silver proofs, but leaving them in the mint holders they come in.
  • Options
    Like many, many others, my interest in coins was renewed with the state quarters. I've collected both the clad and silver proofs in PCGS holders. But I also have to admit that I'm a bit burnt out on the state quarters, and the ultra-moderns -- especially when I look at the pops, and all the carp that the Mint is pushing out now. It doesn't surprise me that a lot of others have probably burnt out, too, and have no desire to continue to sink money into these sets....
    "Toto, we're not in Kansas anymore"

My Registry Sets
  • Options
    GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use to have a set of StateHood Quarters. image BEFORE the Satin Finish / Circulation Strike requirement thingy. image

Actually I still have them,,,, somewhere,,,,,,,

Some of you probably know what I am refering to image

Grandam image
    GrandAm :)
  • Options
    Still alive and well. The registry has been expanded to include satin finish only set, business strike only set, and variety set with both satin finish and business strike. And the pop report errors satin finsih verses business strike have been corrected so the rarity of high quality business strike coins emereges now. A long series to pursue coming to an end soon? or will the territories of 2009 be added in? Going the distance, dr
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>In looking at the set with 188 sets registered, only 20 are 100% complete. I would have thought it would be much higher. >>

IMO once the pop tops are tied-up in the top sets, people lose interest in competing; however, it has nothing to do with the popularity of State Quarters.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What really happened was PCGS changed the rules for State Quarters, so people quit trying to be 100% complete. Of course, they did not make the same rule change for any other series with Satin Finish coins.

Anyone know why they did this for State Quarters only?
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What really happened was PCGS changed the rules for State Quarters, so people quit trying to be 100% complete. Of course, they did not make the same rule change for any other series with Satin Finish coins.

Anyone know why they did this for State Quarters only? >>

Oh my, it was a POLITICAL question!
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    I am one of the 100% sets....I still fall short of Doug's set but.....I only assembled a set in the last two years.

It is a great set and not too hard to complete. Only 20 sets at 100% is crazy...come on it is not that hard of a set!
  • Options
    PawPaulPawPaul Posts: 5,845
    Ebay sez the most widely bought and sold coin's at their website are the Statehood Quarters !