Home Sports Talk
Options

Cedar Point

alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
Well, the Indians lost again....ho hum....but I'm going to Cedar Point...doesn't sound exactly like I'm going to Disney but tomorrow we hit the road for a day of funimageimageimageimageimage

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like fun. Have a good time!
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Well, the Indians lost again....ho hum....but I'm going to Cedar Point...doesn't sound exactly like I'm going to Disney but tomorrow we hit the road for a day of funimageimageimageimageimage >>

If you've never been before, believe me-- it's better than Disney. In fact, I think it's almost inarguable that Cedar Point is the premier amusement park in the country (provided you dig roller coasters).
  • Options
    best time to go is late august when the kids are back in school. no lines image spent two days there a couple of years back; some awesome coasters! way way better than Disney (which is pure crapola for rides)
  • Options
    goose3goose3 Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭
    I live less than an hour from there.

Best amusement park Period.

We buy season passes each year for us and the kids.

We'll be up sometime during the 2nd week of August a time or 2.

The kids enjoy "Halloweekends".
  • Options
    IrishMikeIrishMike Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭
    Lordy I spent so much time over their with my kids back in the 80's. Always had a great time. Are the fries still the best? Edited to add, the ones in the big cups.
  • Options
    Well, we are back from the Point. I've been there many times before since we live near Cleveland but have to admit that this time it was special. For those of you who have been there before let me give you reasons why so special. WAIT TIMES:

Blue Streak: 5-15 minutes or no wait at all
    Gemini: 15 minutes
    Maverick (The newest ride there): 90 minutes...now some may say this is excessive but in the past when new rides opened you had to wait hours
    Top Fuel Dragster: 90-120 minutes..now this was a longer wait but considering this is the first time that the ride actually was running when I was there I consider it a bonus.
    Mine ride: 15 minutes, later in the day my wife and kids walked right up and got on
    Millenium: 45-60 minuts
    Raptor: 15 minutes...can you believe it!!
    Cadillac cars ( my personal favorite since I'm an old fart): 10 minutes
    Dodgem: walk right up and your on
    and on it goes, many of the rides were 5-10 minute waits

French Fries: My only disappointmnet, they didn't seem as good as in the past...I'm talking the fresh cut ones available at two stands in the park

Found a new favorite, the fruit juice drinks were really good and I didn't think the $3.72 price was all too bad...even got brain freeze a few times....

wish I would have taken pictures but we were to busy having a good time to bother, plus since I've been there probably about 30 or so times before it didn't seem necessary.

My wife and two kids (ages 11 and 14) had a great time.

al.
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I went there once in 1984, it was pretty cool.

I hear it has changed a lot since then but I don't think I will go back as I'm not a big fan of roller coasters and similar kinds of
    thrill rides. When I was there in 1984 I just went on the more laid back rides, I'm a big chicken I guess. image
  • Options
    Don't feel bad Michigan. To be honest I'm also not a big coaster man either. Luckily my wife enjoys most of the lesser coasters and goes on them with my daughter. My son is almost totally fearless and goes on just about everything....

My idea of enjoying Cedar Point is relaxing, enjoying the food and the sceneryimage Luckily my wife is understanding that there is no harm in looking!!