Home Sports Talk
Options

NO MAS, NO MAS!!!!!!!

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,534 ✭✭✭✭✭
We sorry we ever doubted you, almighty Johan!!!!!!!!! May we have another????

Sincerely,

The Cardinals Lineup

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Thanks for finally showing up and getting a win, we are only paying you 50 trillion dollars.

Sincerely,
    2 wins in his last 8 starts
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for finally showing up and getting a win, we are only paying you 50 trillion dollars.

Sincerely,
    2 wins in his last 8 starts >>

Gotta give him that one.
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Gotta give him what? an Ignorance award? The fact is Johan left most of those games
    winning and the bullpen blew it for him.

Steve

Good for you.
  • Options
    Thanks for finally showing up and getting a win, we are only paying you 50 trillion dollars.

Sincerely,

Gotta give him that one.

Steve is absolutely correct. Besides, W-L record is one of the most misleading stats to measure a pitcher's ability or talent, but many fans (like Kevin) are duped by it. Johan has pitched far better than his record indicates.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for finally showing up and getting a win, we are only paying you 50 trillion dollars.

Sincerely,

Gotta give him that one.

Steve is absolutely correct. Besides, W-L record is one of the most misleading stats to measure a pitcher's ability or talent, but many fans (like Kevin) are duped by it. Johan has pitched far better than his record indicates. >>

It's been proven over and over Johan is a here-kitty-kitty who (with the exception of a single game) ALWAYS opts to LEAVE GAMES early when his pitch count is under the questionable 100 pitch-count threshold, instead of FINISHING what he's starting...shoot, he likes to sit an extra game between outings for extra rest, that's documented as well!

his quote after the games? "I did my job"

That being said, Id give my right and let arms to have him on the Phils.
  • Options
    ALWAYS opts to LEAVE GAMES

You really think that decision is his?

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    I just thought JS's post was amusing, that's all. No knock on Santana.
  • Options
    I mean, was there a bigger news story at the beginning of the season than Santana going to the Mets? Dude is 8-7.
    Clearly NOT worth 17 mil

js
  • Options
    I mean, was there a bigger news story at the beginning of the season than Santana going to the Mets? Dude is 8-7.
    Clearly NOT worth 17 mil

js

The only thing clear here is that you know very little about baseball, as W-L record is without a doubt the most misleading of all pitching stats.. Those who actually understand the game of baseball know that his ERA under 3.00, Ks to BBs better than 3:1, WHIP less than 1.20 and a league BA of about .240 tell the real story. In fact, his record is the same as Cole Hamels', and his ERA better than Cole's. Not that we'd expect you to look beyound the simple boxscore for your info. By the way, ESPN.com hasn't updated his record, it's now 9-7, as we all know the extent of your baseball reference limited in that respect, LOL!!

• Options
    Jamie Moyer's is 9-6.

Sincerely,
    THAT will shut you up
  • Options
    Jamie Moyer's is 9-6.

Sincerely,
    THAT will shut you up

And, again, W-L record is one of the most useless stats to gauge a pitcher's ability.

Sincerely,

Kevin is apparently unable to comprehend that

Edit: To be fair, Moyer is also having a very good season, too.

• Options
    I guess we could be like the Sillies and PAY Brett Meyers 6 or 7 million for his 3 wins.

Edited

Steve
    Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>I guess we could be like the Sillies and PAY Brett Meyers 6 or 7 million for his 3 wins.

Edited

Steve >>

Forget Myers, look at what we are paying Adam Eaton!!!!! Hey.. no one was saying that those two guys were sure Cy Young's at the beginning of the season!

Kevin
  • Options
    SoFLPhillyFanSoFLPhillyFan Posts: 3,931 ✭✭

<< <i>Forget Myers, look at what we are paying Adam Eaton!!!!! >>

"The Phillies just announced this morning that Eaton has been optioned to the minor leagues. Eaton had the right to refuse the option, but accepted it. It's uncertain where he will pitch because the Phillies haven't worked out his schedule, but that should come shortly. The Phillies also haven't announced who will take his place in the bullpen, but they said they will make that move before tomorrow night's game against the Nationals at Nationals Park. Triple-A Lehigh Valley lefthander J.A. Happ could figure into those plans. The Phillies pulled him after just 2 2/3 innings yesterday.

But the fall of Eaton continues. He signed a three-year, $24.5 million contract before the 2007 season, and it's safe to say the signing has been a failure. He lost his job in the rotation and now must try to figure out things in the bullpen in the minor leagues. Eaton pitched poorly in his first two relief appearances, picking up a 9.00 ERA with opponents hitting .538 against him. Clearly, the Phillies couldn't continue to keep him in the bullpen if he had no chance of getting anybody out.

Here's the kicker: Eaton will make $8.5 million next season."
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Forget Myers, look at what we are paying Adam Eaton!!!!! >>

"The Phillies just announced this morning that Eaton has been optioned to the minor leagues. Eaton had the right to refuse the option, but accepted it. It's uncertain where he will pitch because the Phillies haven't worked out his schedule, but that should come shortly. The Phillies also haven't announced who will take his place in the bullpen, but they said they will make that move before tomorrow night's game against the Nationals at Nationals Park. Triple-A Lehigh Valley lefthander J.A. Happ could figure into those plans. The Phillies pulled him after just 2 2/3 innings yesterday.

But the fall of Eaton continues. He signed a three-year, $24.5 million contract before the 2007 season, and it's safe to say the signing has been a failure. He lost his job in the rotation and now must try to figure out things in the bullpen in the minor leagues. Eaton pitched poorly in his first two relief appearances, picking up a 9.00 ERA with opponents hitting .538 against him. Clearly, the Phillies couldn't continue to keep him in the bullpen if he had no chance of getting anybody out.

Here's the kicker: Eaton will make $8.5 million next season." >>

they should offer him a $10 million BUYOUT for that contract. additional 1.5 mil if he promises to NEVER be in the same state that the phillies are playing in during gametime.
  • Options
    sagardsagard Posts: 1,898 ✭✭✭
    You don't pay Johan $17M for the 15-18 wins you'll get from him during the season. You pay him so that if your lucky enough to emerge from the NL post season one of the years he is under contract, you'll have a fighters chance against the AL opponent.
  • Options
    You don't pay Johan $17M for the 15-18 wins you'll get from him during the season. You pay him so that if your lucky enough to emerge from the NL post season one of the years he is under contract, you'll have a fighters chance against the AL opponent.

Well put, but I'm afraid a post that makes sense like this one will be beyond comprehension for Kevin.

In a playoff series, the value of Johan as your lead starter is huge. He will be key when we win the East this year.