Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Forget 1917... Here's a 1918 MPL!!!

renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
Prove it aint!

As if the reverse wasn't a dead giveaway. Tee Hee!

I also have a 12-s and a 16-s that could pass as "proof-like" to an untrained eye.

Comments

• Options
    Here's my 16-s. What a looker!

• Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Nice 16-S!

mgoodm3 has commented in the past that this one looked very similar to a matte proof. Here is his photo of itimage

• Options
    STEWARTBLAYNUMISSTEWARTBLAYNUMIS Posts: 2,697 ✭✭✭✭

What are you guys smoking ????????

Stewart
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What are you guys smoking ????????

Stewart >>

• Options
    I just think 1917 MP is a myth, and there are tons of PL coins out there for lots of dates. The fact that so many people discuss it here is just a testament to the way desire drives belief.

-Matt
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    """""What are you guys smoking ????????""""""

Too bad we have those pesky "Official Mint Reports". No Grading Service is ever going to certify a 17 or 18 or blah blah blah

these coins are simply a credit to a well made die, a good planchet alloy mix, Brenners Hub not yet worn out and a good pressman who knew how to adjust his machine.
    Enjoy them for what they are but dont brainwash yourself thinking you found the one and only Matte Proof made for a certain year. Even it if is so.....you'd be like Riley Martin, preaching hogwash that no one with a Functional brain believes. Those little lumps and bumps on the surface come from die wear....these business strike dies could make about 200 thousand coins...and thats what happens to them. An MPL surface is crisp teeney granuals...not lumps and bumps.

imageimageimageimageimage