Home Sports Talk
Options

"The Boss" in the baseball hall of fame?

As in George Steinbrenner that is. Yes, this is being considered.

Your take?

Comments

• Options
    yes
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    I like George, he is not everyones cup of tea but he certainly made the game more interesting and entertaining. The perfect outsized
    personality for the most media focused market in the game, it was a marriage made in baseball heaven.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    I'm certainly not a fan of Steinbrenner but I believe he deserves it. Yes!
  • Options
    SDSportsFanSDSportsFan Posts: 5,094 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm certainly not a fan of Steinbrenner but I believe he deserves it. Yes! >>

Steve
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm certainly not a fan of Steinbrenner but I believe he deserves it. Yes! >>

Steve >>

• Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    In 1977 Stienbrenner bought the Yankees from CBS for 10 million. I dont know what that equates to in todays world but Stienbrenner made that franchise worth hundreds of millions of dollars. No fear of spending money, brought home championship teams, and the ultimate fan of his team whether you dislike or like his tactics. One of the greatest owners in history. Personally, I never cared for how he put his nose in player/manager happenings but he is a great owner and would like to see him in.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The players will vote him in -- he helped raise everyone's salary in the league tremendously.
  • Options
    ctsoxfanctsoxfan Posts: 6,246 ✭✭
    He actually bought them in 1973 - for 8.7M. Pretty amazing that the franchise is worth somewhere around 1.2 billion today. Not all of that is directly because of him, but you can't deny his impact.

I think he has done a lot of things that almost made a mockery of the game at times (wasn't he banned from the game once before?) but he also has changed the game in many ways. He really wants to win, and spends whatever it takes - as a Sox fan it always drove me nuts, but if he was the owner of my team I'm sure I'd like to see that kind of dedication to winning.

I'd vote yes.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't share a cab with the guy, but he absolutely deserves to be there for what he has meant to the game.

My two cents.
    Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    I would not have a problem voting him in, and I think he would be fascinating to have lunch with and talk baseball. curious as to how many owners are in the Hall?
  • Options
    If you think of all the scums like Wrigley and others who cheated ballplayers out of their deserved pay, then Steinbrenner is a hero
    to todays and yesterdays players. Also, there is no more generous owner then Mr. Steinbrenner.
    He ABSOLUTELY deserves to be in the hall.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    Not a fan of the Yankees, but Steinbrenner deserves to be in.
    He's done a lot for baseball. Also he's a major benefactor for many charities in the Tampa Bay area and I am sure in NY as well.
  • Options

<< <i>The players will vote him in -- he helped raise everyone's salary in the league tremendously. >>

--->imageimageimageimage<---