Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Anyone ever deal with MAB Celebrity Services in New Jersey? They came through, I recommend them

Has anyone had any experience in dealing with MAB Celebrity Services in New Jersey? They are running a huge autograph signing in conjunction with the HOF inductions this weekend. I shipped them 5 rookie cards of:

1969 Reggie Jackson
1967 Tom Seaver
1966 Don Sutton
1965 Tony Perez
1965 Joe Morgan

So far it's been a rocky experience. According to my delivery confirmation online tracking information from USPS.com my cards were attempted delivery on July 12, notice was left. I started emailing them on July 15 with the delivery confirmation tracking number asking if they got them yet, and if not, would they go to the post office and pick them up. Nick, the mail in coordinator kept telling me no they hadn't gotten them, but that if they didn't show in a few days, he'd go to the post office and pick them up. Still hadn't heard anything and the delivery confirmation still hadn't updated online so I emailed him yesterday and asked if it was taken care of, I got no response, so today I called him and he said he went and they weren't there to be picked up and the postman checked and can't find them either.

So, I immediately went to my local postmaster and asked them to please contact their post office in New Jersey and see what's up. Evidently my postmaster went on some internal USPS site and was able to pull up using my insurance number information, (instead of the delivery confirmation number) that they were delivered on July 14, and that a lady named Molly B signed for them. I called Nick immediately and told him what I found out and he said he would try to find them then as Molly B was the owner. Still haven't heard from him.

The signings start Friday so it's kinda time sensitive and they don't seem to be in too much of a hurry. My postmaster said that the delivering postman must have not scanned the delivery confirmation upon delivery but thankfully they got the signature because of my insurance information.

Right now I'm still giving them the benefit of the doubt that perhaps they are just disorganized, but I guess I'll find out in a few days if they "find" my cards and get them signed for me and shipped back to me. I understand they are probably busy coordinating the event, BUT since they are in the business of selling the autographs for the event, I would hope that they make a better effort than they've been making to take care of my order.

Mike

Edited by me to remove an unfair statement upon further reflection
Buying US Presidential autographs

Comments

• Options
    PoppaJPoppaJ Posts: 2,818
    Mike,

Could be that Mollie's just super busy running amuck at the Tunnicliffe Inn in Cooperstown getting ready for the signings, like you suggested.

I've dealt with Mollie Bracigliano (she's the promoter) many times over the past 5 years or so.

You might want to try faxing or emailing her if she doesn't answer her phone.

Phone: (973) 808-1740
    Fax: (973) 808-2016
    Email: MABCelebrity@AOL.com

I'm sure everything will work out okay for you!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    Kid4hof03Kid4hof03 Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've dealt with them many times and never had a bad experience.

Abe
    Collecting anything and everything relating to Roger Staubach
  • Options
    thenavarrothenavarro Posts: 7,497 ✭✭✭
    PoppaJ,

I hear ya, and more than likely you are exactly right. Just spilling the seeds of frustration right now.

Mike
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    I don't have any personal experience with MAB, but there was a long thread about them on sportscollectors.net

unfortunately, you have to be a member to access the message boards.MAB thread on sportscollectors

Good luck!

------
    stupid print dots

• Options

<< <i>I don't have any personal experience with MAB, but there was a long thread about them on sportscollectors.net

unfortunately, you have to be a member to access the message boards.MAB thread on sportscollectors

Good luck! >>

Wow, that thread is disturbing, I do have a membership there and read through it. I went ahead and emailed Mollie a few minutes ago as well. Hope it works out.

Mike
  • Options
    Got this email last night from Mollie:

"Mike,

I will do everything I can to make sure we find this package. The problem is when UPS comes everyone in the office signs my name, not theres, because I am the owner. So to say I remember this, I would be lying, because it could have been someone else.

I will check as soon as I get in.

Thanks,

Mollie Bracigliano"

However, after two more emails from me asking if she found them, still no response, and no charge yet to my checkcard for the potential graphs, so evidently they didn't find them, and I can't envision that their place is so large that if they looked hard for them, that they couldn't find them. Their mail processing must be horribly disorganized if they are losing customer's items when they come in. Kind of disheartening to get her disclaimer of "everyone in the office signs my name" as well as that indicates to me that she's not taking personal resposibility as owner to find my stuff. Only a few more hours before the players start signing there so it looks like they are going to cause me to miss my opportunity to get those cards signed even though they've had them since July 16 (and what really makes me mad is I've missed other signing opportunities with some of those players in order to get the one stop shopping here. I know she claimed she'll do everything she can to find them, but I don't put a whole lot of stock in lip service, I like results), and I have an even bigger problem of getting my cards unsigned back it appears as they claim they can't find them. Boy, if I had such poor controls with my clients mail at the office, I'd be gone in a heartbeat (I'd fire myself if I coudn't handle something that simple and if that's what I got paid to do)

Nonsense!

Mike

• Options
    Any word yet Mike?

Hoping for the best for ya...

PoppaJ
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Good Luck Mike, Hope you get your cards autographed. I was going to send a few in but was to late! Maybe next year for me
  • Options
    Still no word from them yet and the show started today. I called their office this AM and got a lady, I believe her name was Gayle, that indicated that the "whole office" was looking for my cards yesterday, but she couldn't tell me whether or not anyone actually found them. She said to call back Monday and someone might know. Frustration continues!!

• Options

<< <i>PoppaJ,

I hear ya, and more than likely you are exactly right. Just spilling the seeds of frustration right now.

Mike >>

Better than spilling the seeds of something positive image
    -Rome is Burning

• Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭
    That sucks Mike. I hope you get your cards back after all of this.

Mike

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    I called MAB again today and the lady that answered the phone checked for me and said they had found them AND gotten them signed. Woo hoo!!! As long as I get my product in the end, signed as requested, then I will use MAB again if the opportunity arises.

I'll update the thread once they arrive to make sure it's updated as to if they follow through or not. At that time, if they ARE done, they'll get props from me AND a recommendation. I can deal with slow customer service as long as it works out in the end.

Mike
  • Options
    AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    Nice work Mike. Hope it all works out for ya.
  • Options

<< <i>I called MAB again today and the lady that answered the phone checked for me and said they had found them AND gotten them signed. Woo hoo!!! As long as I get my product in the end, signed as requested, then I will use MAB again if the opportunity arises.

I'll update the thread once they arrive to make sure it's updated as to if they follow through or not. At that time, if they ARE done, they'll get props from me AND a recommendation. I can deal with slow customer service as long as it works out in the end.

Mike >>

Mike,

I'm glad to hear that Mollie came through for you. Like I said previously, I've dealt with her many times and she's a really nice no-nonsense honest person. Somehow, I just knew that things would work out for you. Looking forward to seeing the pics!

PoppaJ
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭✭
    Mike:

I'm happy things seemed to have worked out for you. Mollie & MAB are a great company and I have no problem recommending them to anyone.
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    WAY TO GO MAB and Mollie!!! Got my cards back safely today with nice sigs. I can honestly say "I recommend them!" They scared me for awhile but came through in the end, and that's what counts.

• Options
    Boy Mike, those came out really nice! Glad that Mollie was able to find them just in time
  • Options
    jlzinckjlzinck Posts: 907 ✭✭
    Glad it all worked out for you.

It's also nice to see players that take pride in their penmenship.
  • Options
    Mike,

Great looking cards and sigs!

I knew Mollie wouldn't let ya down!

PoppaJ