Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Here's one to block.

I kid you not, I have received 13 different messages from this buyer since the auction closed. I had to tell him three times that airmail does not have a tracking number. The third time was in response to a threat of negative feedback if I didn't tell him the tracking number. His most recent e-mail was "you have send the item at 8 of july but i dont take that..if i dont take it in 5 days from today,then i put negative to you.." My response: "So you'll leave me a negative feedback because the mail is slow? That's nice of you."

Anyway, his need of hand holding is bad enough, but his lack of listening and ridiculous threats are really the icing on the cake.

id: mvrhodes

https://www.civitasgalleries.com

New coins listed monthly!

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.

Comments

• Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Blocked, thanks!

P.S. I'm betting that he claims nonreceipt, since there is no tracking number; hope it was insured.
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Blocked, thanks!

P.S. I'm betting that he claims nonreceipt, since there is no tracking number; hope it was insured. >>

Yup - agreed...
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    Sometimes, don't you just wish you could give a real "Charles Bronson" these clowns addresses..........just to stop by and have a little "chat". image
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes, don't you just wish you could give a real "Charles Bronson" these clowns addresses..........just to stop by and have a little "chat". image >>

Yeah, I wish that on about 50% of eBay bidders.

His most recent reply: "did you really sent me the coin?why you dont sent me the tracking?"

So, apparently I will have to tell him a 4th time that there is no tracking.

I should just respond and say, "No, I didn't really send you the coin. Out of the millions of dollars of coins I sell every year and the thousands of customers I have world wide, I have decided to pick on just you, and only pretend to send you one $113.50 coin so that I may take the fruits of my scam and retire to a non-extraditionary country in the Caribbean with my $113.50."

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    I should just respond and say, "No, I didn't really send you the coin. Out of the millions of dollars of coins I sell every year and the thousands of customers I have world wide, I have decided to pick on just you, and only pretend to send you one $113.50 coin so that I may take the fruits of my scam and retire to a non-extraditionary country in the Caribbean with my $113.50."

• Options
    JZraritiesJZrarities Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should just respond and say, "No, I didn't really send you the coin. Out of the millions of dollars of coins I sell every year and the thousands of customers I have world wide, I have decided to pick on just you, and only pretend to send you one $113.50 coin so that I may take the fruits of my scam and retire to a non-extraditionary country in the Caribbean with my $113.50." >>

Now I'm REALLY Laughing.

Blocked.
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm guessing you are hosed. That bites.

• Options
    Thanks for the notification. He's been blocked. I don't need such headaches, and I'm sorry you have to endure this from such a clown. Even if he gets it in the next few days, I doubt he will check the post mark before rating you with a slow delivery time.
  • Options
    MadMartyMadMarty Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I should just respond and say, "No, I didn't really send you the coin. Out of the millions of dollars of coins I sell every year and the thousands of customers I have world wide, I have decided to pick on just you, and only pretend to send you one $113.50 coin so that I may take the fruits of my scam and retire to a non-extraditionary country in the Caribbean with my $113.50."

image >>

You should take us all with you!!! image
    It is not exactly cheating, I prefer to consider it creative problem solving!!!

• Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    I had one like that a couple of years ago, except it was a $5 item.

Yeah, I've sold on eBay for years, accumulating thousands of positive feedback comments while getting no negatives, and now, I'm about to pull off the scam of the century by stealing $5 from some poor unsuspecting soul. Sounds like a plan.

In fact, it sounds like a Seinfeld episode...

Elaine: So Mom and Pop's plan was to move into the neighborhood, establish trust ... for 48 years, and then run off with Jerry's sneakers?

Kramer: Apparently.

• Options

<< <i>I should just respond and say, "No, I didn't really send you the coin. Out of the millions of dollars of coins I sell every year and the thousands of customers I have world wide, I have decided to pick on just you, and only pretend to send you one $113.50 coin so that I may take the fruits of my scam and retire to a non-extraditionary country in the Caribbean with my $113.50." >>

DON'T DO IT. He'll just quote the first sentence in his negative feedback.
    Roy

• Options
    With all of these horror stories, I wonder why anyone wants to be a coin dealer. I could be mistaken, but I don't think the business is terribly profitable for most dealers. When you factor in the aggravation of dealing with unreasonable customers, who wants to sell coins? I guess there must be some other kind of satisfaction that they derive from selling coins. Kind of reminds me of a pal who is a small-time rancher: as he is fond of telling me, 'if making money were the object, I wouldn't do what I do for a living......'
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    Love your proposed response.

ebay has enabled his ilk by disallowing sellers to leave negative feedback - one reason I have not listed anything on ebay for many, many months.
    Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭
    Why don't you just send him the tracking number? image
    Finem Respice
  • Options
    This idiot sounds like a scammer.In my view,scammers,especially ones who commit numismatic fraud up on FleaBay,are lowlifes.Does anyone still remember that it was next to impossible to get Pamela Donnelly (a.k.a. the Savannah Scammer) banned from FleaBay? She ended up get her butt busted off Overstock a long time ago.

Aidan.
  • Options
    CIVITASCIVITAS Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, sadly after eBay's feedback changes, the first thing that comes to mind when someone says they didn't get their items is "scammer." Which is truly sad, but at the same time, ever since the change, I've had record numbers of items go "missing" in the US and abroad when sold through eBay and paid via PayPal. Probably more these last three months, than I had in our first 5 years of business combined, and I haven't changed anything about how I ship. I have very few problems with orders from my website or Vcoins store. image

So, to give everyone the conclusion to the story: 4 weeks, and 27 messages from the buyer later... (apparently buyer has nothing better to do but threaten to "put negative feedback to me").....I fully refunded his PayPal dispute (prefer to wait 5 weeks, but this guy was a "special" case). (As an aside, always make anyone who claims they didn't receive their item file a dispute, even if it's a friendly transaction, so that maybe, just maybe, PayPal will notice a trend of unusually high numbers of "Item not received" disputes and cancel their account. I know, foolish optimism).

Anyway, after all of this happened, a few days later I received another message from him. He had the nerve to ask this:

"Dear civitasgalleries,

friend civitas me a positive feedbask?

- mvrhodes"

image <insert smiley banging head on desk here>

Ah eBay, always an adventure, and never worth it.

Josh Moran

CIVITAS Galleries, Ltd.
  • Options
    Horrible thing to happen I think. That sort of thing is just so basicallt wrong.........for a buyer to act like that.

Makes it difficult for folks like me on the bay and in a store.......

I can only pay via paypal and I am not in the USA. I realise thats personal but it is still true.

I visit your site often, just drool and go........but hey.....some day I might be able to afford something.
    Becoming informed but still trying to learn every day!
    1-Dammit Boy Oct 14,2003

International Coins
    "A work in progress"

Wayne
    eBay registered name:
    Hard_ Search (buyer/bidder, a small time seller)
    e-mail: wayne.whatley@gmail.com
  • Options

<< <i>Dear civitasgalleries, friend civitas me a positive feedbask? >>

Here's a thought. Write a humor book and make some money off this bozo.