Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Welcome to new MPL registry participant Matt's Mattes

He debuts at #31 with one of the tough ones! 1916 PCGS PR65RB! congrats!

Hope to meet some of you collectors at the upcoming ANA show. I will be arriving in Baltimore on July 28th.

Matt's Mattes
Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.

Comments

• Options
    lasvegasteddylasvegasteddy Posts: 10,408 ✭✭✭
    welcome to tha club there matt...way to start too in getting the 16' out of the way...awesome 16' too if i say
    everything in life is but merely on loan to us by our appreciation....lose your appreciation and see

• Options
    renomedphysrenomedphys Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Guys. The small images are such a drag! Here, I'm going to try something new for me:

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WOWEEEEE

That, Sir, has got to be one of the very finest Matties Ive ever seen.

Beautiful, excellent hair and beard details and a wonderful stain free surface.

Congratulations on scoring a beautiful coin....I dont know how you are ever going to top it.

(Oh, wait....I do....its called a VDB image
  • Options
    SteveSteve Posts: 3,313 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

(Oh, wait....I do....its called a VDB image >>

Think anyone here is willing to go +$20k to get the 64RB at the ANA auction?

Steveimage
  • Options
    BWRCBWRC Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

(Oh, wait....I do....its called a VDB image >>

Think anyone here is willing to go +$20k to get the 64RB at the ANA auction?

Steveimage >>

There is a very good chance of this happening.image
    Brian Wagner Rare Coins, Specializing in PCGS graded, Shield, Liberty and Buffalo Nickels varieties.
  • Options
    Matt-

Nice job on the start of a great collection series and those photos as well. When I started, I was at at number 33, so you're getting out of the gate strong with that '16!

The larger images of set are impressive -- the coin diagnostics become very clear at that level.

Anyway congratulations. Look forward to meeting you in Baltimore.

Duane Blake
  • Options
    robecrobec Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Matt,

That is a stunning 1916 and stunning image as well. That spot looks to be almost un-upgradable.image By spot, I mean the slot in the set, not on the coin.
  • Options
    ChrisRxChrisRx Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭✭
    Tis a nice coin!

• Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    Oh my, that is a stunning specimen. You have great taste and hope that the next few are equally as nice. image