Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Need help finding Spanish Pillar coinage?

I am trying to assemble a 5 piece set of Pillar coinage from the 1700's. The 8 reale coins are somewhat easy to find but the 4, 2,1,1/2 reale coins almost non existant unless I buy raw coins. Since a lot of the coins are fake or cleaned I want to buy certified coins by PCGS or NGC, ANACS. Can anyone recommend any dealers that specialize in Pillar coinage.

Comments

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,540 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would trust Ponterio or Heritage auctions for raw pillars. If you're looking for on-line stores - there are also Civitas Galleries (Click), NorthEast Numismatics (Click), New World Treasures (Click).
  • Options
    i guess slabbed pillars are out there..... but i think the numbers are miniscule compared to the infinitely more common raw pillars on the market. at least that's my experience.
  • Options
    Here's a set that was completed by CRO. Beautiful!

To support LordM's European Trip, click here!
  • Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭
    That set is Mo better! image

I'd like to find a Spanish (not colonial) pillar 2 reales.

Any ideas on where to look? A coin in VF or so would be fine. I'm looking to add one to my collection of coins used in the American colonies as a pistareen.
    Obscurum per obscurius
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome set!
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnline.com sold a couple spanish 2 reals of the 1700's recently, i'm sure they are continually on the look out to add more to the site. They currently have 8 reals and counterstamped pieces listed. Also, Aspen Park Rare coins has some 8 Reals listed.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac