Home Sports Talk
Options

Mike & Mike

kcballboykcballboy Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭
It's really gone downhill for me lately. It seems they can't go more than 5 minutes without having a commercial break or a sports update. If I wanted to hear the recap of the Red Sox game every 5 minutes I'd change 2 channels up to ESPN News.

And when was the last time that it was actually Mike AND Mike on the show at the same time? Not Mike and Trey, or Mike and Eric, or Eric and Michael, or some other random comdination of fill-ins.

I used to really love the show but it seems that both guys have lost interest in it and are trying to do other things.
Travis

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭
    I agree with you. Out here on the West Coast I usually catch them on the way to work, but it's more like catching commercials and non-important stories.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    I was thinking the same thing this morning listening to the show. They do almost anything to avoid talking about sports. If I hear an ABBA or Mamma Mia reference one more time, I think I'm going to puke...
  • Options
    RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
    They were never any good to begin with. Generic, smarmy, and uninteresting. Kind of like the rest of ESPN.

RON
    Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
    Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    And this morning they have now replaced the Morning show on the alternate AM station that I usually listen to. I don't dislike them per se, but I enjoy hearing something other than the "company line" most of the time.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The commercial breaks are much too long, sometimes they will get talking about an interesting sports subject but too much of the time it is
    this "let me tell you about a funny thing that happened to me this weekend" and I'm rolling my eyes as he starts out yaking about
    what his kid said to him at a little league game or who he met in a restaurant etc. I'm not interested in that slice of personal life
    junk just give me sports talk.

With Golic's son playing Notre Dame football this fall are we going to be subjected to a recap of what he did in a game every
    Monday morning? I hope he resists temptation on that one.
  • Options
    I agree. I have really been listening less and less lately.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    Ya, I used to watch them but I got sick of them after about a week. I really can't stand that skinny one, what's his name? Greenberg?
    Annoying. I rarely even watch ESPN anymore. I used to watch Sports Center religiously, now I just tune in to get the scores off the ticker
    at the bottom of the screen, then change the channel.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    the only thing I like about Mike and Mike are the regular guests they have on for interviews (phillips, olney, gammons, etc).
  • Options
    MichiganMichigan Posts: 4,942
    The show reached a new low in stupidity this morning when Golic was talking about two football players, one naked coming out
    of a shower and getting into a fight with a dressed player and then making up and hugging each other.

I'm not kidding, that is what they were talking about and how supposed funny it was etc.
  • Options
    theczartheczar Posts: 1,590 ✭✭
    if you have XM radio steve czaban on Fox Sports channel 142 is 100 x better. you can also listen to him over the web.

M&M are just a bunch of cartoon shills.