Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Mail Call.....Look at what showed up at the Post Office

New up grade arrived at the Post Office today! One of these days I will learn how to take pictures image

Comments

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like yours showed up intact. I also had a coin delivered today. An 1867-S dime PCGS VF30. They had run it thru a machine and broke the holder in two. Thank goodness the coin was NOT hurt.
  • Options
    They had run it thru a machine and broke the holder in two. Thank goodness the coin was NOT hurt.

This speaks to the idiocy of the seller who shipped the coin in an envelope moreso than the post office machinery.
    Everyone by now ought to realize to ship a slab in a box.
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't blame the dealer. Anything marked fragile and IS insured should NOT go thru the normal Post Office machines.

JMHO
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't blame the dealer. Anything marked fragile and IS insured should NOT go thru the normal Post Office machines. >>

Sorry but they have not taught the machines how to read yet.
    Bubble pack mailers and boxes don't go threw the machines they are hand sorted, that's why they cost more to mail.

I learned this by having a slab sent in a number ten envelope to me. It was in pices when I opened the safty mailer.

• Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have gotten single slab purchases sent to me in bubble wrap, in a fedex box, which was wrapped with MORE bubble wrap and placed inside a larger fedex box. All in all about 14 inches by 4 inches by 10 inches.

That coin could have withstood a roadside bomb and still made it!
  • Options
    TwincamTwincam Posts: 814 ✭✭
    That's a terrific looking QDO...image...far and away a pop top...and the only cameo example holdered by PCGS.

Congrats on a great pick-up.
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    Great Coin and there is nothing wrong with your pictures!

The quintupling comes through loud and clear!

How did you end up with this beauty?
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!