Home Sports Talk
Options

British Open

mkg809mkg809 Posts: 1,320 ✭✭
Greg Norman is kicking the young kids' butts.
And David Duval in the hunt?
I think we are in the twilight zone!!

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    I looked at the leaderboard and needed a program..who are these dudes? I thought the British was a major, why are no namers playing in it?

Kevin
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh yea, like Norman is going to finish first - no chance.
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    the British always has a weird leaderboard, especially in the early rounds...but I agree with the previous poster that it is much harder to win a major today than it was in Jack's day....so many more players can get hot for 4 days and pull it off...
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    awesome tournament, one Im glad Im not playing in (for once in my life)....

extreme conditions! nice to see some old timers in the hunt...and I always knew chubby duval would shoot better than skinny duval !!

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>awesome tournament, one Im glad Im not playing in (for once in my life)....

extreme conditions! nice to see some old timers in the hunt...and I always knew chubby duval would shoot better than skinny duval !! >>

just for you, I hope someone with a Boston connection wins The Open image
  • Options
    I opened the link................yawn....zzz.

what time is it? oh my god. golf... sorry dozed off.... image

I hope a Mets fan wins lol Just because.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>the British always has a weird leaderboard, especially in the early rounds...but I agree with the previous poster that it is much harder to win a major today than it was in Jack's day....so many more players can get hot for 4 days and pull it off... >>

Golfers who play well in bad weather always do well at the British Open. That is why Watson won 5 of them.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>awesome tournament, one Im glad Im not playing in (for once in my life)....

extreme conditions! nice to see some old timers in the hunt...and I always knew chubby duval would shoot better than skinny duval !! >>

just for you, I hope someone with a Boston connection wins The Open image >>

oh pooh, I have no problem with boston fans, just the ignorant ones. typically, in my mind I just picture perkdog.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> Oh yea, like Norman is going to finish first - no chance. >>

If your Sillies can finish first before mid season, why can't Norman win the open? lol
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> Oh yea, like Norman is going to finish first - no chance. >>

If your Sillies can finish first before mid season, why can't Norman win the open? lol >>

perfect avatar bman!

JS
  • Options
    wow, yesterday plus 9 was the cut, today plus 9 is almost on the leaderboard!

JS
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Well, I was up at 6am Pacific and glued to the Open this morning. I have to say, I thought I'd already seen Norman have all his chances to throw away majors - but low and behold, he gets to throw away another one. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy...and by that I mean he's a real jerk. Always bad to the fans and media alike.
  • Options
    I'll be rooting for Norman tommorow.
  • Options
    Its not often you get to root against both Norman AND Colin i the same tourney!

Kevin
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    ..and TNT pre-empted Charmed because of this?? SHEESH I NEED my Alyssa Milano!
  • Options
    here ya go

• Options
    Duval has been my favorite golfer since the days of his and Tiger's rivalry. I really hoped he would at least finish top ten. Oh well, i guess i should be happy he made a cut.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    If the wind is the same tomorrow there can be about 30 people with a chance.
    I would like to see Rocco win.
  • Options
    who's the boss!!!!
  • Options
    Norman is choking.
  • Options

<< <i>Norman is choking. >>

Is he going to seek someone in the crowd and try to beat them?
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Yeah, he choked (like we knew he would) but hey, Harrington played a killer round...what a last two holes!
  • Options
    Norman could have shot a 72, which would have a fantastic round, and still would have lost....Harrington was unreal today.