Home Sports Talk
Options

Edgar Renteria?

Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
I just saw that he got his 2000th hit the other day. He is 32 years old. Is this guy going to get 3000 without anybody knowing it? I was completely shocked when I saw this. Anyone else surprised by this total of hits at age 32?
Mickey71 image

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,541 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very suprised! 2000? I would have bet money he wasnt even close to that..
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    after seeing him for a year in Boston, I would have thought he just committed his 2000th error.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I would have never guessed that. I had to look it up to see for myself. So if he gets 3000, he's a Hall of Famer? WOW
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    One of the most underrated players for a long time. One bad season in Boston, and everyone thinks he's a scrub..
  • Options
    TreetopTreetop Posts: 1,474
    his 10 million a year contact is nice and fat for a guy on the downward side of his career. Here are his numbers so far this year. Don't think he'll be a starter more then another year or two

G AB R H 2B3BHR RBI BB SO SB CS AVG OBP SLG OPS
    Season 83 310 40 80 6 1 5 33 23 37 3 2 .258 .307 .332 .639

Link to my current Ebay auctions

"If I ever decided to do a book, I've already got the title-The Bases Were Loaded and So Was I"-Jim Fregosi
  • Options
    Edgar Renteria will never make the hall of fame.
    If he does, I will fly to the hall and run naked around the building on his inauguration day.
    Most people will then choose to go home and avoid his induction ceremony.
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Edgar Renteria will never make the hall of fame.
    If he does, I will fly to the hall and run naked around the building on his inauguration day.
    Most people will then choose to go home and avoid his induction ceremony. >>

QFT in case it happens I am TTT'ing this thread
  • Options
    his skills are rapidly declining.
  • Options
    fiveninerfiveniner Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭
    Edgar has been a fine player for most of his career however he has never played well in the American league both at Boston and Detroit.His skills this year have definetly gone down.I would have to say that if he does not begin to produce now his days as a regular anywhere may be finished.
    Tony(AN ANGEL WATCHES OVER ME)
  • Options
    I like renteria. He plays hard abut makes mistakes when rushing throws. I think he is getting shuffled around the lineup a bit to much this year to really get comfortable with the new pitchers.

Serious question boston fans, renteria or lugo?
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    Rent-a-wreck is already in the hall of fame. He was the last out of the historic '04 Red Sox World Series and he was also Roger Clemen's 4000k strikeout victim.

Also, (Although not a HOF moment) a footnote to Red Sox fans, he was also the last out of the '05 Red Sox failure to get past the first round of the ALCS playoffs.