Home Sports Talk
Options

Can someone explain why cyclists are still doping?

Are they not aware that testing is being done? Have they not seen the 14,000 other riders that have been suspended/banned? This really confuses me.

Comments

• Options
    a surprising stupid bunch dontcha think?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭
    many still dope because it would otherwise be impossible for them to compete in the Tour.
  • Options
    JackWESQJackWESQ Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭
    I suppose there are many reasons. Perhaps they believe that without doping, they have 0% of winning. But with doping, they have some chance. So they're going from nothing to perhaps a small something.

/s/ JackWESQ
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725

<< <i>a surprising stupid bunch dontcha think? >>

This is true, as evidenced by the fact that they still use bicycles as a mode of transportation. Don't they know we have cars now?
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>a surprising stupid bunch dontcha think? >>

This is true, as evidenced by the fact that they still use bicycles as a mode of transportation. Don't they know we have cars now? >>

perhaps with fuel prices as they are these days, it is automobile drivers who comprise the stupid bunch?
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'd rather be lazy than rich . . . er, is it that I'd rather be stupid than rich? I'm not sure, but that's what I'd rather be.
  • Options
    This continues to amaze me. I've watched every minute of the Tour, or at least the parts that VS is showing between
    all the fluff. Some of these guys, like Vinokourov, are (were) great cyclists even without the dope, so why they still
    do it is beyond me. Ricco, the latest casualty, is a bit of a brash young trash talker, a personality more suited to the
    NFL than to a 100+ year-old tradition-filled European bike race. He's just plain old stupid. He tried a new form of
    EPO, called Cera, which is taken in such low doses, that he figured 1: Its new, and they aren't testing for it, and
    2: The dosage is so low that they wouldn't be able to detect it anyway. What a moron. He'll be suspended for
    4 years, and who knows what the consequences will be for his team (Astana, Vino's old team, wasn't even invited
    to the Tour this year, which is sad because it contains last years Tour winner and last years 3rd place finisher).
    I would like to see the Tour organizers propose a LIFETIME ban from the Tour for anyone caught doping.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    Most likely too many Pee-Wee Herman reruns as a child.
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    metalmikemetalmike Posts: 2,152 ✭✭
    Easy answer- for the same reason Bill did Monica, Mr Brinkley did a teen, my shipmates and me drank pickle juice and took water pills to beat the urine tests. We thought we could GET AWAY WITH IT! image
    USN 1977-1987 * ALL cards are commons unless auto'd. Buying Britneycards. NWO for life.