Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Arizona Coin & Jewelry

VeepVeep Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭
For years you've seen their ads in the back of Coin World. The ads must work or they wouldn't keep running them. Assuming that they are buying a lot of those kinds of coins, I'm wondering to whom they are selling them. They have no website I'm aware of nor have I ever seen a "Sell" ad. Anybody know where the coins go?
"Let me tell ya Bud, you can buy junk anytime!"

Comments

• Options
    Over the past three+ years I have sold them over $25K worth of coins as listed in their ads and they are very honest and easy to deal with. I believe that they sell to other dealers with store fronts and to dealers who sell in "bulk" to the public....like the old coin company that used to be on the back cover of "CoinWorld" offering groups of wheats and buffalos from "discovered hoards"........Foothill was their name if I remember correctly.....
    Fountain of Useless Information
  • Options
    DieClashDieClash Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Over the past three+ years I have sold them over $25K worth of coins as listed in their ads and they are very honest and easy to deal with. I believe that they sell to other dealers with store fronts and to dealers who sell in "bulk" to the public....like the old coin company that used to be on the back cover of "CoinWorld" offering groups of wheats and buffalos from "discovered hoards"........Foothill was their name if I remember correctly..... >>

Ah yes! I used to buy from Foothill back in the mid-80s. Lot's of album-fillers at a decent cost for someone on a tight budget. I believe they became Mountain View Coin Co. later and I have no idea what became of Mountain View image
    "Please help us keep these boards professional and informative…. And fun." - DW
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BONGO HURTLES ALONG THE RAIN SODDEN HIGHWAY OF LIFE ON UNDERINFLATED BALD RETREAD TIRES
  • Options
    Do you mean that Arizona Coin is the Elderly Quaker gentleman with the half dollar hoard?
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    I see David at all coins shows and sell to him all the time.

Fair and honest to a tee, a great guy do do biz with, and yes, he has a store in Phoenix and bulk wholesales to dealers.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    firstmintfirstmint Posts: 1,171
    A correction to what was posted -

Foothill coins (in Tujunga, CA) was the follow-up business to Lyle Clark coins from the 1960s. Lyle was a part owner in Foothill back in the ealy 1970's. Harlan White bought the name Lyle Clark and used it for many years at his San Diego (Northpark) location. White then sold out to Foothill, in the mid 1970s. They did a tremedous volume of mail order, using full page ads each week in the trade publications.

When Foothill closed down, Craig Harwell (a part owner in Foothill) moved the business to a Pacific coast location and started Valley View coins. I didn't keep track of what happened after that.

As far as I know, they had nothing to do with any Arizona firms.

PM me if you are looking for U.S. auction catalogs

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file