Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

would you even consider......

buying from this seller??

linky-poo

scroll down to the payment details in the item description.

<< <i>3) If you pay with PayPal, I need copies of your passport/ID as well as from your credit card that you are using within PayPal (both sides). Please provide these documents as electronic scans ( or just send it to me by post to my adress in a letter ) . Articles will only be shipped after you have provided these documents. >>

umm, I wouldn't mind having this set, but I think I am going to pass on this one.

Curious, since PayPal offers seller protection, is this sort of request even within PayPal's ToS??
I'm not afraid to die
I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it

Comments

• Options
    BailathaclBailathacl Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭

That's unreasonable in the extreme.

"The Internet? Is that thing still around??" - Homer Simpson
  • Options
    JCMhoustonJCMhouston Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭
    Not a chance I'm giving him my CC and the reverse with the security code, using PP you don't have to do that.
  • Options
    DaltonistaDaltonista Posts: 354 ✭✭
    An old source and trading partner of mine, Frank Robinson in Albany NY, usually
    has this sort of stuff and always cuts a very fair deal. From a recent list:

<P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica"><B>SLOVENIA</B></SPAN>
    <P class=MsoNormal><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Helvetica"><B>9-PC TYPE SET, 10-20-50ST +1-2-5-10-20-50T TOLAR BU (CAT $19) 4.65, 3/11.95, 10/36.50, 30/$95*

You can reach Frank via his website: fsrcoin.com
    </B></SPAN>
    I wonder how badly the listing I just pasted in is going to show once I hit the "reply" button.

Best to all ~
    Tom
    I never pay too much for my tokens...but every now and then I may buy them too soon.

Proud (but humbled) "You Suck" Designee, February 2010.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    Can you say Identity Theft?

Scroll down to the bottom of the listing, click the link Report This Item, and tell ebay this is a potential phishing attempt. At the very least, it puts the winning bidder in extreme danger of identity theft.

I doubt ebay will take action, but if enough people report the listing, they just might do the right thing... for a change.
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    NO, is my answer to your question. Click the red X and leave post haste...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    wybritwybrit Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭
    How do these guys get such high ebay ratings with policies such as this?? image

Former owner, Cambridge Gate collection.
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,126 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it is against US law to photocopy a US Passport.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    JamminJJamminJ Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭
    I think he's just trying to get payment in a non paypal fashion.
  • Options
    not even with YOUR passport and CC, kuhli!
    Cecil
    Total Copper Nutcase - African, British Ships, Channel Islands!!!
    'Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup'
  • Options

Considering that most people will not leave Negative feedback. I would NEVER buy from anybody with a 98.9% rating that has more than a 1000 feedback.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I believe it is against US law to photocopy a US Passport. >>

Not really, if you are using it as a backup when you go overseas. I have done it when I have travelled to Third World countries.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    I had a student born in Japan who has a Japanese mother and American father. He looks more Asian than caucasian. I took my 8th grade class to Canada on a field trip. When we came back into the US over the Lewiston, NY bridge the immigration officer was not happy that this student photocopied his passport ad ID. We were told it is illegal to photcopy a US passport or birth certificate. Many, many people do it, but that doesn't make it legal. At least this is what we were told by the immigration officer.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    Now I just scan my passport page and email it as an attachment when necessary. image

Having a photocopy of the passport page can be extremely handy when travelling. I had my passport stolen several years ago in Brussels (it was in my laptop case which was ripped off my shoulder as I was getting on a commuter train). Having the photocopy available made getting a replacement passport a breeze at the US Embassy.

I was carrying my passport because it was needed to get into my company office (located on the NATO grounds) as well as around the security in the airport as part of my job. I normally would not recommend that travellers carry their passports around with them in their day to day activities.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    David, I agree. Having a copy of your passport with you is very handy. I used to copy mine, and the visas, when I lived in Thailand.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    zeebobzeebob Posts: 2,825
    Reported.