Home Sports Talk
Options

Who went the distance last night and watched the entire game?

RonBurgundyRonBurgundy Posts: 5,491 ✭✭✭
Show of hands, please!
Ron Burgundy

Buying Vintage, all sports.
Buying Woody Hayes, Les Horvath, Vic Janowicz, and Jesse Owens autographed items

Comments

• Options
    raises hand.

but i dont work wednesdays image so i could sleep in
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Here

jS
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I did and I know MantleMarisFordBerra did too.

Disclaimer: I live on the West Coast though so no big deal.
  • Options
    Brian48Brian48 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭
    I did.
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I did and had a 7am meeting.
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    I did, but falling asleep between innings..after a few Johnny walker blacks!
  • Options
    RangermanRangerman Posts: 276 ✭✭
    I DID TOOimage
    Rangerman / ARMEDPILOT

B)
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    I did, but I live on the West Coast. That play at the plate and the throw from McLouth was awesome. Unbelievable defense in that game...except Uggla
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Vito- That McLouth throw was great, but what did you think of the tag? In live action I thought they nailed Navarro. On the replay, however, it looked more like Martin's tag was up in the groin area and that Navarro got his foot on the plate first.

The final play at the plate with Morneau sliding in was close too, but even if he had been beaten, I think the ref would have called him safe just to end the game and avoid another tie game PR nightmare.
  • Options
    I crashed in the 6th, woke up in the 8th, and held on till the end.
  • Options
    Yup, me & TheVon were up late talking on the "I Support Met fan" thread, getting tired & feeling bad for Dan Uggla.
  • Options
    I stayed up to watch. Fell asleep for an inning though, then woke up for the rest.

I wanted to watch the end, as I was hoping to see both teams run out of pitchers and see what woud happen. I wanted to see Selig screw it up again.

Actually, I wanted to see the managers turn the ball over to a position player to pitch. It would have been fun if both managers agreed that they would each turn to a position player to pitch.
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    Watched the first few innings, went out with some friends and kind of followed along on my phone throughout the night. I got home to see the final 1/2 inning though.
  • Options
    thegemmintmanthegemmintman Posts: 3,101 ✭✭
    I watched the whole game and then some. It was a rough day today image
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I made it all the way, and then was up working at 7:30.
  • Options
    I watched most of it.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---