Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Czech Newps

I don't usually collect Czech coins but I stumbled across these today and had to have them. I find interwar European coinage in general to be quite fetching.

Comments

• Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Those lions are all paws and claws.....image
    Becky
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    That's right! 100% business!
  • Options
    JoesMaNameJoesMaName Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭
    Very nice haul - I agree about the interwar European issues, actually... The US was at it's best then as well (IMHO)
    Paul - saved by
    The Fireman...
  • Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    I also agree, some very interesting designs in that period.
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options

<< <i>Very nice haul - I agree about the interwar European issues, actually... The US was at it's best then as well (IMHO) >>

Yes, US designs were the best then as well. What was it about that period that produced such beautiful coinage around the world?
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like the Czechs, they are coins I would like to collect, that period of 1919-1938 is excellent for coins and paper money from Czechoslovakia. I do have a collection of paper money from there, but have not as of yet ventured into coinage.

Czechoslovakian Notes 1918-1993
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    I bought these on a whim. I just saw them and liked them. Now I have to see what other Czech issues there are from this period.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Like the Czechs, they are coins I would like to collect, that period of 1919-1938 is excellent for coins and paper money from Czechoslovakia. I do have a collection of paper money from there, but have not as of yet ventured into coinage.

Czechoslovakian Notes 1918-1993 >>

That is a neat website of currency.....some amazing artistry indeed. I bookmarked it so I can spend some time exploring later.
  • Options
    worldcoinguyworldcoinguy Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭✭
    Some more neat designs in that period. Notice how fast the 1944 uprising was commemorated?

1933 20 Korun
    imageimage

1928 10 Korun - 10th Anniversary of Independence
    imageimage

1947 50 Korun - 1944 Slovak Uprising
    imageimage
  • Options
    Those are very nice, WCG.
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Not a country that I collect either but somehow or another I have acquired 2 of the 3 you purchased. I have a number of coins out of my main realm of collecting due to "magnetic appeal" that seems to pull my wallet out of my pocket like iron filings jumping to a magnet. Like has been said before, this era produced some very impressive designs...
    Nice purchase!

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    nice. i love czech designs up until the 1950s.