Home Testing Forum
Options

Would You Like to See PCGS Coin Series Collector Article Library Updates ??

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
I am interested in how many other forum members and collectors agree with me that they have found quite a lot of value and interesting articles in the PCGS Coin Article Library Archive, and would like to see a concerted effort for PCGS to solicit new numismatic research articles to update this great resource.

Original US Coin Forum Thread Link and Poll -- For Reference

However, I noticed that there are hundreds of more recent marketing type news articles that promote specific coin auctions or sales, as opposed to presenting collector oriented research on a specific coin or series.

Following are a few examples of the Most Recent articles in the PCGS Coin Library for specific series that I collect. Note that most recent entries range in date from 2001-2004. image

Seated Liberty Dollars: PCGS Will Exhibit Finest Set Of Seated Dollars At ANA Convention -- 2004-7-7
Morgan Dollars: Top-ranked Carson City Morgan Dollar Set to be Displayed at FUN Show -- 2004-12-21
Peace Dollars: Weekly Market Report: Silver Dollars are on the Move as Collectors Seek Top Quality, Tough Dates -- Bruce Amspacher -- 2001-5-1

$20 Liberty Double Eagles: Gold Coins: Their History -- Q. David Bowers -- 2002-5-21
$20 St Gaudens Double Eagles: 1933 $20 St. Gaudens Sets New World-Record Price of $7,590,000! -- 2002-7-30

I'd be interested in what my fellow forum members have to say to weigh in on this topic, and to perhaps suggest to David Hall and Ron Guth that we'd really appreciate having the opportunity to read more series related collector oriented articles, perhaps similar to David's recent interview with Stewart Blay.

Thanks in advance for your comments and constructive suggestions to the powers that be at PCGS. And thanks to PCGS for providing us with this forum and the great networking opportunity that it provides for us to share knowledge and enjoyment of the numismatic hobby!! image

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"