Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Here's a tough date 1957 deep cameo Lincoln that glows in the dark

DMWJRDMWJR Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
Formerly in an OGH in my collection for a long time ... upgraded on the first shot!

Doug

Comments

• Options
    LeeGLeeG Posts: 12,162
    Awesome!!!!!!!

Very tough coin. Congrat's!!!
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice! Very tough date for dcams.

I have a 1953 in an OGH that I want to try to upgrade to dcam - wish me luck (but I think the coin deserves it)

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    Boy, what an awsome 57! Doug, your registry set is to die for. image
    In an insane society, a sane person will appear to be insane.
  • Options
    RBinTexRBinTex Posts: 4,328
    Looks familiar. image
  • Options
    LucyBopLucyBop Posts: 14,004 ✭✭✭
    excellent...
    imageBe Bop A Lula!!
    "Senorita HepKitty"
    "I want a real cool Kitty from Hepcat City, to stay in step with me" - Bill Carter
  • Options
    Awesome proof! image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    RegistryCoinRegistryCoin Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. That's a beaut!
  • Options
    I've started trying to put images in my Registry set, but I'm having a strange issue with them. I'll upload a pic, and then it will appear twice -- a big one and a little one. Anybody know what I'm doing wrong?

Link to 50-58 Set
    Doug
  • Options
    Doug,
    I don't think you did anything wrong. I just added an image to a 1909S Lincoln and I, also, had a small and
    a large image. I just deleted the small image and all is normal now. I think the recent changes that PCGS
    has made to the website is probably responsible for creating multiple images.

BTW, I appreciate your images. It's very cool to be able to view the finest. image

RegistryNut image
  • Options
    Thanks, I'm going to go through and delete the little ones. I'm working on 36-51 right now. On the Matte's, I still can't get the coin lit as well as I would like to capture the essence of them as an MPL.

By the way, good luck on the 53. Many of them are made with no cameo across the top of the cheekbone. I looked high and low for this one:

It didn't get a DC designation yet, but the cameo frost is complete on the face and cheek. I think the weakness of the frost on the lower sleeve and lapel hold it back

Doug
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just love the look of Cameo Proof Lincolns wheaties from 1936-1958. Your pictured 57 and 53 are great.

I have a nice set of raw Proof Lincolns with frosted devices for the years 1942-1958. It has taken me 9+ years to find them raw. They are some of my favorite coins, particularly the 1951 and 1952 (two very tough years). Whether they would get a CAM designation if slabbed, I do not know. However, there is no doubt the 1942-58 proof cents I have have the Cameo look and are not your typical brilliant proofs. Frosted devices and mirrored fields sure look good on proof Lincoln wheaties.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    That is one beauty of a Lincoln. image

Love the frost and mirrors.

Mike
  • Options
    66RB66RB Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭
    Excellent photo! And awesome registry set!! All of them!!!image
  • Options
    fcloudfcloud Posts: 12,133 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice. Congrats!

President, Racine Numismatic Society 2013-2014; Variety Resource Dimes; See 6/8/12 CDN for my article on Winged Liberty Dimes; Ebay

• Options
    Sweet coin image
    Stacy

Sleep well tonight for the 82nd Airborne Division is on point for the nation.
    AIRBORNE!