Home Sports Talk
Options

It looks like the Eagles can finally get a good QB

Brett Favre is available.

Comments

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    edmund....and what team do you root for, or are you a bandwagon jumper?

JS
  • Options

<< <i>edmund....and what team do you root for, or are you a bandwagon jumper?

JS >>

Hate pro football, but love college football.

Sincerely,
    Pac 10 Sucks
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predicted here that Favre would likely do this. He'll never retire until no owner is willing to pay him to play.

It won't be with the Eagles - the chances of that happening is zero despite the friendship with Andy Reid and Favre.
  • Options
    KOBEcollectorKOBEcollector Posts: 3,873 ✭✭
    Farve will be a Redskin
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parcells could sure use him down in Miami. Would love to see him with Gang Green, but that won't happen. He's still an elite QB, without question, no matter what what your opinion is on the retirement flip flop issue.

He'll certainly burn some bridges with the fans in GB though by going through with this. His act is really tiresome at this point, and even pathetic. And I am a Favre fan.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Parcells could sure use him down in Miami. Would love to see him with Gang Green, but that won't happen. He's still an elite QB, without question, no matter what what your opinion is on the retirement flip flop issue.

He'll certainly burn some bridges with the fans in GB though by going through with this. His act is really tiresome at this point, and even pathetic. And I am a Favre fan. >>

I would put some of the blame for that on the media. It seems like its been 5 or 6 years and every year the discussion is "Will Brett Favre retire this year" or "Should Brett Favre hang up the spikes". Now, I dont know what happens in Green Bay area and I know they love him there but I think he has pretty much given everyone what they want every off season.
  • Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    if he goes somewhere, it will have to be to a team with a decent offensive line, otherwise he'll get beat up badly.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Posts: 7,438 ✭✭✭
    I think it's kind of silly that a guy whos thrown more horrible horrendous judgement INTs to KILL his team, especially in the playoffs gets so much blind respect. you say he's a gunslinger and Ill tell you he's too dumb to learn from his mistakes and play smart like a vet QB, he could have a couple more titles

the way he was bundled up and obviously intensely bothered by the cold during the Giants-Packers playoff game cause he couldn't take the conditions, maybe he's orchaestrated the whole thing to play someplace WARM... dont all the old folks go down to Florida? TB might be a spot for him.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would put some of the blame for that on the media. It seems like its been 5 or 6 years and every year the discussion is "Will Brett Favre retire this year" or "Should Brett Favre hang up the spikes". Now, I dont know what happens in Green Bay area and I know they love him there but I think he has pretty much given everyone what they want every off season.

Those are some good points. Favre is definitely an emotional guy, you can see that by the way he plays the game, so he may be overly affected by all that media coverage instead of making a decision he can live with.

He may throw his share of picks, but he also makes far more more plays than most QBs would ever make, to make up for those lapses. He's had a couple of really bad games that stand out as far as INTs are concerned, but overall, he is without a doubt an elite QB (still) and one of the very best to have played the game. Without Favre at the helm, the Packers don't even make the playoffs last season. Anyone who claims otherwise just doesn't understand the game of football.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    If Brett wants to jump the champion-ship, he can come on down and join us in Tampa.

Sincerely,
    We could use a 6th QB
  • Options

<< <i> <<I predicted here that Favre would likely do this.>>

You weren't exactly out on a limb with that prediction. >>

Wrong! Everybody and their brother here thought that Brett was finally going to stay retired, and that included the Packers management.
  • Options

<< <i><<Wrong! Everybody and their brother here thought that Brett was finally going to stay retired, and that included the Packers management. >>

Reread the posts, there are plenty of people here who were WAY skeptical about his "retirement". If you want to make a wager on that, I would happily dig up the posts for you. >>

It wasn't "plenty" but if you say it was, well then good for you...You win.
  • Options

<< <i>It's not about "winning", it's about factually getting things straight. As far as I'm concerned, "plenty" is a judgment call, especially considering that there aren't THAT many regular posters on this forum. As for the original Favre retirement thread (at least the only one I'm aware of), you have 2 posts there, neither of which indicates your "prediction" or even the slightest skeptism about his retirement. >>

That was because I had already voiced my opinions before in other threads - There has definitely been more than one thread concerning Favre's retirement...and I forgot now but it's likely this topic was discussed in threads which perhaps don't have "Favre" in the title.

But in any event, you win again...Buy yourself a lollypop.
  • Options

<< <i><<But in any event, you win again...Buy yourself a lollypop. >>

Okay, but your paying for it! >>

Okay, If I ever run into you at a card show remind me to give you a quarter. LOL
  • Options

<< <i>

Okay, but your paying for it! >>

This type of spelling error is seen way too much over internet chat boards. I see this error more then any others.
    Anyway, back to your lollipops image