Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Anyone notice the POP doubling on the Sac Registries???

Anyone notice the population doubling on the Sac Registries??? The "phantom" 2000 P MS69 supposedly has 12 coins in the grade now???

I did not have a chance to look at any other registry categories but are they all like this or is it just this one type???

Comments

• Options
    cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    I noticed the pops doubling in clad 25c (1965-98) and Ike $1 registry sets. I did not look elsewhere but
    will assume that ALL registry pops went up by a factor of two. I guess this could be due to the new
    registry set format.

Why can't they leave well enough alone?
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭
    There was a software upload yesterday and something got a little screwy as the populations have all doubled!

I do "What If" scenario's every couple of days to keep track of what is graded during the week instead of waiting for the weekly uploads on Sunday.

I've reported this and hopefully you two will also.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Yes I also noticed the population numbers being all wacked out for the Mercs and Jeffs. If these numbers end up being correct, it would give me second thoughts on why I am participating in the registry game. As someone said earlier, why don't they just leave things alone.
  • Options
    KozmanKozman Posts: 275 ✭✭
    Also in "My Inventory" they are grading all coins as MS.
  • Options
    SilverstateSilverstate Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭
    I am sure BJ is all over this.

Got all of our attention!

• Options

<< <i>Yes I also noticed the population numbers being all wacked out for the Mercs and Jeffs. If these numbers end up being correct, it would give me second thoughts on why I am participating in the registry game. As someone said earlier, why don't they just leave things alone. >>

I'm sure there is a reason for the change. Don't worry about the population numbers since the population numbers are exactly double of what they were yesterday morning. This is an obvious error which they will get fixed.

One change I would like to see is the ability to see what coins are registered in what sets.

Each coin is allowed to appear in upto three different registries sets. For example, the Basic Set, the Major Varieties Set, and the Complete Varieties Set. If they would add an area on the coin description showing which set or sets it is being used in, it would be very helpul in determining which sets need to get updated when the coin is removed from your inventory.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Lee,

That feature is already in place.

Go to the "edit" of your registry set.

When you can see the cert# of the coin, click on it.

It will show what that coin is doing.
    All of the sets it is in or not in.

Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Thanks Jim, I'll give it a shot.

BTW, the registry populations have been corrected.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    TACloughTAClough Posts: 1,598

<< <i>Each coin is allowed to appear in upto three different registries sets. For example, the Basic Set, the Major Varieties Set, and the Complete Varieties Set. If they would add an area on the coin description showing which set or sets it is being used in, it would be very helpul in determining which sets need to get updated when the coin is removed from your inventory. >>

Lee, are you sure that each coin can only be used in upto three different Registry sets? I have the same coin entered into seven different Registry sets. I looked at the rule section of the Registry and can't find anything there that limits the number of sets that a coin goes in.

Timimage
  • Options

<< <i>Thanks Jim, I'll give it a shot.

BTW, the registry populations have been corrected. >>

That's good. For awhile there I was getting nervous that more coins were out there and I'd have to start fighting again to maintain my set levels!
    Or get one of those additional MS70 Jefferson Dollars!

• Options
    Hey ! Yer dealin with a certified idiot here!

I can see where one of my coins is in 4 different sets so I have no idea what I'm talking about so just ignore me.

For now that is.

On this subject.

The pops have been corrrected so my job is done.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    Lee,

We all are learning around here.

I did obtain a "MEL Jefferson Dollar First Day Issue" coin the week before the sets closed.

That coin worked in (4) sets. Major, Complete, FDI Major And FDI Complete.
    Yes, This was as I call it a "Nuclear" coin.
    It would NOT work in the basic sets, since it is a coin without a mintmark.

I got that changed around with PCGS about 6 months ago.
    PCGS will not designate mintmarks on MEL Dollars.

So, my point was to eliminate the MS68 MEL Jefferson from the BASIC set, since it has no mintmark.

The only limiting factor on a coin is it cannot be used in "TWO" of the same sets.
    Different sets are OK. As many as it will match.
  • Options
    eCoinquesteCoinquest Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭
    All done. The pops have been corrected.