Home Sports Talk
Options

This palce is boring, too much talk about baseball, when are the NFL football posts going to start?

SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
Baseball is for wimps, we have to get some discussion about a real sport. Football.

Love the violence, the hits, the gridiron glory, sold out stadiums on Sunday afternoon where tens of thousands of people particpate in primal scream therapy urging their favorite warrior/gladiator to destroy their opponent.

Flame away ye baseball fansimage

Comments

• Options
    come back in September.

Baseball rules the roost for the moment.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<< when are the NFL football posts going to start? >>>

I don't know if you've heard the new forum rules or not but only positive comments about the Philadelphia Eagles are allowed, and only negative comments about the Dallas Cowboys are allowed.
  • Options
    Bottom9thBottom9th Posts: 2,695 ✭✭
    I'll be glad to talk about Football once the season starts.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i><<< when are the NFL football posts going to start? >>>

I don't know if you've heard the new forum rules or not but only positive comments about the Philadelphia Eagles are allowed, and only negative comments about the Dallas Cowboys are allowed. >>

The Eagles will win the superbowl this year and the Cowboys will finish last in the East.
  • Options

<< <i>

I don't know if you've heard the new forum rules or not but only positive comments about the Philadelphia Eagles are allowed, and only negative comments about the Dallas Cowboys are allowed. >>

The Eagles will win the superbowl this year and the Cowboys will finish last in the East. >>

Now cut that out with those reverse jinxes Matt! imageimageimageimageimage

Yes, that's 5 mad faces so you "know" I mean it!!! image
  • Options
    GootGoot Posts: 3,496
    In 2 months when the season starts? And I would hardly call today's football player a "gladiator"....
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed we need to wait until Baseball is over, Im still upset about my Pats losing the Super Bowl. image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The Eagles will win the superbowl this year and the Cowboys will finish last in the East. >>

Yes, that's 5 mad faces so you "know" I mean it!!! image >>

I also forgot to mention the Phillies will win the WS and the Mets will finish last

• Options
    joestalinjoestalin Posts: 12,473 ✭✭
    Its never too early to talk some smack. There will be plenty of McDonalds smack to deal Broncos fan this year!

I think the Hamburgler will be wearing #21 for the Chargers this year!

JS
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yes, that's 5 mad faces so you "know" I mean it!!! image >>

I also forgot to mention the Phillies will win the WS and the Mets will finish last

image >>

• Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,567 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, you are just whining about baseball becuase your baseball team sucks.

And about the only thing that will generate excitement at Invesco Field this year will be Obama's acceptance speech. image
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    NEVER
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    The No Fun League? Three minutes of action, three hours of commercials. No thank you.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Get over it! This is baseball season!
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Rockies are not my team. I have not lived in Colorado for 30 years and I left long before the Rockies arrived. There is no "my team" when it comes to baseball, cuz....................., well....................., its boringimage and just not my cup of tea.
  • Options
    drewsefdrewsef Posts: 1,894 ✭✭

<< <i>The No Fun League? Three minutes of action, three hours of commercials. No thank you. >>

Yeah, baseball is really fast paced and those 38 pitcher crotch scratches and stepping off the mound never gets old each game.
  • Options
    mickeymantle24mickeymantle24 Posts: 2,768 ✭✭✭
    Lets talk football when te season begins!!!
  • Options

<< <i>The No Fun League? Three minutes of action, three hours of commercials. No thank you. >>

The "no fun league" phrase is a bit antiquated. In my view, there's been for years now the right "mix" of allowing "celebrations" without interrupting the flow of the game, and not letting the celebrations to become boringly overdramatic.

Bottom line - The "no fun league" phrase is no longer valid from my viewpoint and I believe the viewpoint of most NFL fans.
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

The "no fun league" phrase is a bit antiquated. In my view, there's been for years now the right "mix" of allowing "celebrations" without interrupting the flow of the game, and not letting the celebrations to become boringly overdramatic.

Bottom line - The "no fun league" phrase is no longer valid from my viewpoint and I believe the viewpoint of most NFL fans. >>

You may well be correct, as I do not consider myself to be an NFL fan. I can almost mow my lawn between the time somebody scores a TD and the action starts back.

TD-Commercial
    XP-Commercial
    KO-Commercial

Yawn.
  • Options
    Football doesn't enter my world until Labor Day weekend. Long Live the MLB!
  • Options
    DavemriDavemri Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭
    To me, football is a year round sport. NFL network is great. I'd rather watch a midseason game replayed from last year than, say, a Yanks/BoSox game. But that's just me.

Here is an interesting article.

FINISHED 12/8/2008!!!
  • Options
    I'm craving some football for sure.
    --->imageimageimageimage<---
  • Options
    This topic comes up all the time, and it is typically football fans bashing baseball.

Football is a great sport to watch and follow, no doubt. So is baseball, and there are millions of baseball fans who die for their sport.

The one thing I would question in the opening post is calling football players warriors. True many of them may have experience in street violence, thuggery, and rape...but I wouldn't call them warriors or gladiators. The first thing they would need to do is shed the pads if they wanted to be called such...and then they could graduate to Rugby on the chain of warriors.

• Options

<< <i>and there are millions of baseball fans who die for their sport. >>

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Both sports are great, but there's no denying nationally which sport has more fans these days...
  • Options
    Football players are "gladiators" - try putting on the pads and going thru a game of tackle football and see what it's like. The only thing missing are the swords.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Bottom line - The "no fun league" phrase is no longer valid from my viewpoint and I believe the viewpoint of most NFL fans. >>

You may well be correct, as I do not consider myself to be an NFL fan. I can almost mow my lawn between the time somebody scores a TD and the action starts back.

TD-Commercial
    XP-Commercial
    KO-Commercial

Yawn. >>

Well - You're stretching it to make a point. If you don't like football, then fine, but baseball has commercials every half inning, and also usually when there's a pitching change, there's a commercial, and some other times as well. Professional sports is firstly about the money so why worry about it - enjoy whatever game you prefer for what it is - entertainment for the fans.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    Baseball will be lucky to get a major network (ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC) deal after the current one expires...ratings have dropped (drastically) every year for the past 15-20 years. I realize that in today's environment that there are more 'things to do' besides watch TV, but the NFL doesn't seem to be having this problem.
  • Options
    SteveK, the only thing missing are the swords? That is a pretty significant item don't you think?

When an NFL running back literally gets put to death for poor play, or cowardly play, then I would consider calling them gladiators...until then Cedric Benson lives on.
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>Football players are "gladiators" - try putting on the pads and going thru a game of tackle football and see what it's like. The only thing missing are the swords. >>

That's a little bit like saying 'Me and this other guy had a duel-- the only thing missing were the guns.'