Home PCGS Set Registry Forum

Proofs not allowed in Modern Type Set, Proof (1950-present)

For the 1964 Kennedy half dollar-silver the following dates are allowable(1964,1992-Present). Why are the "1992-Present" not allowed for the other silver coins (Roosevelt Dime - Silver (1950-1964), Washington Quarter - Silver (1950-1964). I can understand limiting the quarter to "1950-1964, 1992-1998".
I don't understand why some coins are not being allowed.

Robert

Comments

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like an oversite to me. If they allow the Kennedy they should be the same for the Washington and the Roosevelt. Sounds like a good question to forward to BJ Sears at set registery.
  • ajiaajia Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭
    Obviously we're talking proofs here, no BU silver (other than 1976) coins where minted for those years.

So, PCGS had a decision to make, have a set that included 1 coin (1964), or include that year in another set.
    I would tend to look at the set as Kennedy Halve Dollars Silver Proof 1992-Present including 1964.

The other sets have enough dates to make it interesting.

Besides, what you're asking for is another set type, 'Proof Silver', not just adding the silver dates (1993-Present) to the existing date-run sets.

Just looked for the Kennedy set you are referring to, I don't see it!

Kennedy Half Dollars Date Set, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Basic Set, Proof (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars with Major Varieties, Proof (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Complete Variety Set, Proof (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Basic Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars with Major Varieties, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1964-Present)
    Kennedy Half Dollars Complete Variety Set, Circulation Strikes and Proof (1964-Present)
  • BaronVonBaughBaronVonBaugh Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭✭
    Modern Type Set, Proof (1950-present)

Key word "Type"

I do not see a reason not to allow the later silver proof dimes and quarters.

Here