Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Been a while since I took a gamble on eBay...

Haven't bought many coins lately; working on other vices. image

But it's a dreary rainy day right before a 3-day weekend, so I decided to screw off at work and spend some time perusing the Bay.

Found this one ending this morning and put in a snipe. Ended up winning it for a shipped price of $51 against a Krause UNC price of $65. With the craptacular pictures, my hope is there's some color lurking in there... could be all lighting and shadow though.

Worth a flyer; not likely that I'll be buried in it.

imageimage

Comments

• Options
    farthingfarthing Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭
    My guess is that it has very nice color!
    R.I.P. Wayne, Brad
    Collecting:
    Conder tokens
    19th & 20th Century coins from Great Britain and the Realm
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

pretty safe gamble i'd say. now if it said 'NNC' on the slab, i'd say you should start sweating! image
  • Options
    3Mark3Mark Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    Dan:

I've sold them for moreimage

Larry
    I'm traveling on memory and running out of fuel.
  • Options
    DoogyDoogy Posts: 4,508

<< <i>Dan:

I've sold them for moreimage

Larry >>

yeah, so have I actually. i was just looking at some records, and i had a two and three Marks of this same coin sell on ebay. Both were NGC MS63 and i got $66 out of the 2 marks and $84 out of the 3 mark one. My pictures were better, so that might have played a part; although i have noticed prices on ebay darkside stuff has been a little softer lately for some reason. "summer slowdown", vacations, economy, who knows.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭
    Went ahead and made an offer on this one for giggles. Got it for $45 shipped. Based on the seller's other pics, I'm guessing this looks considerably nicer in hand.

imageimage