Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT: ebay customer

BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
I'm kind of confused on this one. An ebayer won one of my auctions. I sent it out 4 days after the end of auction. I apologized for not getting it out immediately and informed them I would send it by priority mail. They received the item 8 days after auction end. They conformed that they received the item, but said they would't be leaving feedback for the auction without explaining why. I guess I do feel a little lucky to be one of those sellers that's been screwed by the new feedback system, but this one confuses me.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
#8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set

Comments

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let it go.....no foul. If he neg'ed you over this situation, well....that would be more newsworthy.

Dave
    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    Welcome to the new feedback system
  • Options
    I agree. I'm lucky I didnt get the blemish, my first one. Sort of strange that they'd send that PM with no explanation. If there's some dissatisfaction I could possibly fix the problem, but they need to fill me in on the problem. As I said before, I'm a buyer 90% of the time, but 90% of the PITAS I've dealt with are when I sell.

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

• Options

<< <i>Welcome to the new feedback system >>

your site is looking more and more appealing. I just sold the last thing I'm going to sell on ebay. Be a buyer from now on so coinzip will get some serious looks from me.

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The buyer received what he paid for and you got paid. This seems like success to me.
  • Options
    storm888storm888 Posts: 11,701 ✭✭✭
    Under the current EBAY scheme...........

"No Feedback, Is Good Feedback."

Folks Who Bite Get Bitten. Folks Who Don't Bite Get Eaten.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More like feedback is basically meaningless. I recently sold an item to a buyer I noticed apparently never leaves feedback for anyone, so why bother leaving feedback for them?

The 90 day feedback rating thing that eBay has recently employed in determining percentages dropped a lot of sellers down into the low 90's percentage wise. So lets say you have 1000 feedbacks, all positive, but you don't sell anything for 3 months, and then sell something and run into an imbecile that thinks you should have hand delivered the item to them, get a negative, your percentage drops a lot more than a 1/10th of a percent.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭
    Better than getting negged by a guy with a chip on his shoulder. The new system almost invites that sort of activity.

I too am observing a lot more people failing to leave any feedback at all.

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    notwilightnotwilight Posts: 12,864 ✭✭✭
    I'm almost up to all 4.9s. i'd be very happy if anyone who is not delighted would choose not to leave feedback. --jerry
  • Options
    garsmithgarsmith Posts: 5,894 ✭✭
    beter nothing than a neg
  • Options
    dohdoh Posts: 6,457 ✭✭✭
    Your buyer's an idiot....but at least he didn't neg you...I'd be happy and just let it go.
    Positive BST transactions with: too many names to list! 36 at last count.
  • Options
    RussRuss Posts: 48,515 ✭✭✭

<< <i>i'd be very happy if anyone who is not delighted would choose not to leave feedback >>

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. It must be getting tough to find stuff to whine about.

Russ, NCNE
  • Options
    OK, received a reply. Apparently he bought it for a third party. He won it on Sunday. I mailed it on Wednesday via priority mail and emailed him an apology and explanation of why we waited until Wednesday to mail it. He said that the biggest issue was he was supposed to have it to the third party by Saturday. I was never made aware of a third party needing it by Saturday or I would have left work early Monday to get it mailed. A lttle communication on his part there would have helped.

• Options
    If he was supposed to have it by Saturday and bought it on the previous Sunday then he needs to get his act together. Yeah, you probably could have mailed it sooner, but his obligation to a "third party" isn't any concern of yours.
  • Options

<< <i>If he was supposed to have it by Saturday and bought it on the previous Sunday then he needs to get his act together. Yeah, you probably could have mailed it sooner, but his obligation to a "third party" isn't any concern of yours. >>

Unless the auctions promises next day shipping. I always ship express mail if anyone asks. --Jerry
  • Options

<< <i>Unless the auctions promises next day shipping. >>

That's a moot point. If I promise something to someone I sure as heck don't but it on internet 6 days prior. I had the post office take two weeks to get a first class letter to me FROM THE NEXT TOWN OVER. Regardless of when the seller sent the item, the post office might screw it up...who knows, there are just too many variables. My point in all this is that buyer isn't very organized and sounds like a real jerk to boot. My two cents.

• Options
    GFourDriverGFourDriver Posts: 2,366
    Some people just don't leave feedback which in my opinion is better than getting a nut to rant and rave on there. I'm sure that a lot of people haven't recieved feedback for quite a few sold coins, I know there are at least twenty I've never heard from again.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Unless the auctions promises next day shipping. >>

That's a moot point. If I promise something to someone I sure as heck don't but it on internet 6 days prior. I had the post office take two weeks to get a first class letter to me FROM THE NEXT TOWN OVER. Regardless of when the seller sent the item, the post office might screw it up...who knows, there are just too many variables. My point in all this is that buyer isn't very organized and sounds like a real jerk to boot. My two cents. >>

With next day shipping I'd be comfortable with 6 days for the USPS to do their thing. --Jerry
  • Options
    dac076dac076 Posts: 817

<< <i>Some people just don't leave feedback which in my opinion is better than getting a nut to rant and rave on there. I'm sure that a lot of people haven't recieved feedback for quite a few sold coins, I know there are at least twenty I've never heard from again. >>

Same here, and I sure as heck don't follow up. Why ask for trouble?
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Last week, I sold a bag " 5000 count common wheats ", then I get an email from buyer last night, wanting a refund...............drum roll

" All I found were common wheats"
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    dac076dac076 Posts: 817

<< <i>Last week, I sold a bag " 5000 count common wheats ", then I get an email from buyer last night, wanting a refund...............drum roll

" All I found were common wheats" >>

Are you sure your description didn't say "Most of my customers found 1909-S VDB's ! Just check my feedback!" image
  • Options
    slipgateslipgate Posts: 2,301 ✭✭
    The new feedback rules suck!

If it was the old rules, you easily could have threatened to neg him if he didn't IMMEDIATELY give you good feedback!

Dag gum ebay, they really know how to remove our "tools" of coercoin don't they! `
    My Registry Sets! PCGS Registry
  • Options
    LOL. I wouldn't have negged him. In fact, I'm still going to leave positive feedback. He did pay a few hours after he won it. He earned his feedback.

However, now the coercion could easily get out of control because the bidder has all the power and the seller has no recourse.

Like I said, that's his problem if he had a third party involved. This may fall within the old saying "bad planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part". Priority mail was not the shipping offered. I chose to use it instead of basic first class because I got it out a few days late. Had I used first class he may have not gotten the package on Saturday anyway. Really, if he involved a third party that's his problem and not mine. At least he should have contacted me after the auction and I would have got it out sooner. At least he didn't neg me. I'm done selling...on ebay at least

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If he had been smart, he could have had the coin or item shipped anon directly to his customer, called private label drop shipping.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file