Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water - another PO-1!

claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
Here is my attempt to beat TrainNut's 53-O arrows and rays.

1858-O, PCGS PO-1

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye

Comments

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is excellent! image
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool looking.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you tell that's the top of an 8 rather than the top of a 2 or 3? Nice looking coin. Problem free and original PO-1 coins are neat.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>How can you tell that's the top of an 8 rather than the top of a 2 or 3? Nice looking coin. Problem free and original PO-1 coins are neat. >>

If the digit was a 3, this would make the coin a 1853-O with no rays, and I could look at retirement! image

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭

<< <i>How can you tell that's the top of an 8 rather than the top of a 2 or 3? Nice looking coin. Problem free and original PO-1 coins are neat. >>

I'm sure there is another diagnostic in the eagle or liberty specific to the date.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file