Home Sports Talk
Options

Question for you guys..

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
OK my good friend runs the Fantasy Baseball league Im in-he is the comish. Well everyone has to have their lineup set a 1/2 hour before the start of the first game, the lineups lock for everyone except the comish ofcourse, well Im in 1st place in my division with my buddy Brian ( the Comish ) in 2nd by a game, Im playing him this week and I check out the lineups and see that he has Dejesus ( KC ) starting who is hurt, and the first game went off- KC was in a short rain delay- well he switches Dejesus with Eric Byrnes which is illegal, I work with him and I know he got out of work at 3pm. Im freakin' not happy about it but then I see Byrnes gets taken out of the game with a hammy so what should I do? I talked with another buddy whos in the league about it and he thinks its a riot! ( I do to now given the curcumstances )

What do you guys reccomend?

Comments

• Options
    sounds crooked id get out.
  • Options
    No way, its half way through the season, Im just looking for a fun way to bust his balls. We are really good friends I just think its funny that Byrnes ended up lame and taken out of the game, he cheated but only technically its not like he messed with points or anything serious.
  • Options
    what a sleaze.
  • Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    I'd tell him that's what he gets for forsaking DeJesus. And then call him a sinner.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    That happened in a league I was in and my buddy was in the finals...last day....plays his pitcher in well enough advance before the time limit and then hmmm...he's benched again. Yup, the guy he was playing in the finals was the commish and he changed it. There was money on the line in this league. Needless to say I started my own league and we got out of there.

Then, I was in ANOTHER league where a FORMER friend was a commish. He cheated and I caught him...wanted my money back and he refused. I was the only one willing to call him out and the rest of the guys (other buddies) kissed his a$$. Guess they felt 50 bucks was ok to be cheated out of. And yes, former friend cuz I dont keep friends like that.

Im glad you can find humor in it Paul. It is humorous as long as there is not money on the line. Bad enough when someone shows they are a cheater. I would bust his chops mercilessly.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    While it is a complete BS move, it shouldn't make a difference since Byrnes is going on the DL, too... It only cost you one hit for the week and Dejesus will probably be back before the end of the week. I'd make a point of it, but the sleazebag move is going to backfire on the Commish!
  • Options
    Well poetic justice! Byrnes is the fall guy and headed to the DL!

I chose to pretend I didnt see it, however I will file it and keep it for a rainy day image Funny thing is that there is Money involved- only $300 for first and $200 for second ( in the Division anyways ) Me and my other buddy agreed that we would blow him up in front of anyone if anything like this happens again, it got me pretty fired up because we are good friends- good enough friends that I dont want to ruin his name with the rest of the 10 guys in the league because we are all friends but at least I know that he pulled a BS move. Hopefully I will SMASH him this week now that he is down a player with Byrnes going to the DL...