Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

FS: SOME OF THE RAREST MORGAN PROOFLIKES............

I am offering as BIN/MAO some of the toughest dates from the Morgan series in prooflike.

My eBay Lots
Select Rarities -- DMPLs and VAMs
NSDR - Life Member
SSDC - Life Member
ANA - Pay As I Go Member

Comments

• Options
    CoxeCoxe Posts: 11,139
    ttt
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    ttt, for the holiday....

Also you might check out more from my current inventory which I will try to keep udpating. I have hundreds of available prooflikes and VAMs, nearly all certified by the top TPGs.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    John:

Your inventory is... how can I say it... simply insane! I've just looked at images of DMPLs I've never seen anywhere except in Pop Report books. I just wish I could have seen the 1901-P DMPL in person.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options

<< <i>John:

Your inventory is... how can I say it... simply insane! I've just looked at images of DMPLs I've never seen anywhere except in Pop Report books. I just wish I could have seen the 1901-P DMPL in person. >>

Dennis --

Thanks for the nice words. I have to say owning the prooflike set was like a fairytale. Had there been the registry in the 80s and 90s, I would have faced much stiffer competition for some of those key pieces. I suppose I had the last opportunity to really assemble a world-class complete date and mint mark Morgan prooflike set for under $2M. Well, I did fall three dates short. Never got the 1883-S, 1893-S and 1921-S. There were a few acceptable 1883-S DMPLs over the years that I underbid or didn't bid. The 1921-S I underbid as an NGC 64DMPL twice and remains one of my biggest regrets not digging deeper to get. I have never seen a prooflike 1893-S. There were a couple semi-PLs in MS holders I was tempted to get though. Had all the overdate and overmintmark varieites in prooflike too, except a 1900-O/CC.

I sold the 01-P DMPL to Mark Miller and should be in his registry set. Amazingly, I got both that one and my all-time favorite, the 1892-O DMPL at the same time. I wish I had taken the time to put together a Long Beach display of the entire set before I started selling it off. Mark Miller's and Michael Marich's sets have some of the best pieces I sold. If you are going to Baltimore ANA, do yourself a favor and view the lots for Marich's prooflikes. He already had some spectacular ones. I sold him the 03-O and 04-P which will be there.

Between the DMPL collectors and VAM collectors and the conduits linking us like this forum and the registries, this has been a very fulfilling hobby for me the past several years. I, like many others, used to collect int he shadows and was never able to share my enthusiasm for truly neat coins except with an occasional dealer. The coins are only part of the fun.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member
  • Options
    bestclser1bestclser1 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭
    Great coins,some will never be around again,and if you want some killer toners in 66 and higher in trade,for just one coin,PM me.Good luck,Lloydimage
    Great coins are not cheap,and cheap coins are not great!
  • Options
    ttt. A day to go. I won't relist them on eBay, but I always take offers from the website and here too anyway.
    NSDR - Life Member
    SSDC - Life Member
    ANA - Pay As I Go Member