Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

mylar sleeve and card saver I?

when sending cards to psa, does everyone here use both the mylar sleeve and the card saver? could putting a card straight into a card saver without using a mylar sleeve be dangerous to the card?

on another note, does psa cut the card saver to get the card out? sometimes it can be a bit tricky getting a card out and i would hate to have a card damaged during removal.

thanks, boochydog

Comments

• Options
    I think it depends on the condition the card is already in. also consider that older cards come in different sizes. I would have no problem sending in T206s that I am hoping to get PSA 1-5. And you can't send over-sized cards like 1956 Topps in the mylar.

I just sent in my first submission, the free submissions for signing up. I sent in mylar and card-saver-1s (5 autos from 2001 and one auto from a 2007 set) How many days after you get the email confirming the order is recieved is it until the numbers "pop" and then how many days until the cards get mailed?
  • Options
    all depends how busy they are. it can take up to 7 business days or longer. although, i have read on these boards of peoples sub's popping as early as 3 or 4 days.
  • Options

Hello to All ,

I'm sure your wories about ' damage ' to your cards are unfounded (no guarantee) ....
    theres a nice video of the ' pros ' going through the grading process to watch on the PSA home page .

videokilledtheradiostar

Mark
  • Options
    blacklabblacklab Posts: 187 ✭✭
    I just use the card saver I w/ older cards from the 50's. With newer cards, I double sleeve-the soft sleeve then into the card saver I.
  • Options
    I just use the card saver I w/ older cards from the 50's. With newer cards, I double sleeve-the soft sleeve then into the card saver I.

Same here. Newer cards have the glossy coating which tends to stick to the inside of the Cardsaver.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion