Home U.S. Coin Forum

Baltimore ANA - Best place to stay, car/cab, parking, etc. Any help from the locals?

I am hoping to make the Baltimore ANA. I plan to fly in on Tuesday the 29th and leave either late on Friday or early Saturday.

This will be my first visit to Baltimore and I've heard personal safety around the Convention Center is suspect. Since I do plan to carry coins with me, would you suggest:

1. Light rail, cab, or rental car from the airport?
2. Hotel close to the CC ($$$) or farther away?
3. Cabs to/from CC, walking, rental car?

I would like to keep expenses low to maximize coin buying funds, but I don't mind spending more to feel safe and have flexiblity.

Any suggestions from any of the locals or those who have attended before? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff

Comments

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am hoping to make the Baltimore ANA. I plan to fly in on Tuesday the 29th and leave either late on Friday or early Saturday.

This will be my first visit to Baltimore and I've heard personal safety around the Convention Center is suspect. Since I do plan to carry coins with me, would you suggest:

I would like to keep expenses low to maximize coin buying funds, but I don't mind spending more to feel safe and have flexiblity.

Any suggestions from any of the locals or those who have attended before? Thanks for any suggestions.

Jeff >>

1. Rental car

2. Get a hotel near the airport(cheaper here) since it's just a ten minute ride to the BCC

3. Park at BCC Link

That's just my humble opinion.

If you want to go cheaper, then take the Light Rail from the Airport to the BCC......For the most part the L. Rail is very safe, however there are some lowlifes that use this means of transportation.....it's your tolerance level that matters here.

I would PM Julian, he goes to every Baltimore show and drives in from Silver Spring...he would be a great resource for you.

Since I'm a collector and not a dealer, I take the light Rail from North Baltimore County to the city, because it's cheap and I don't worry about parking or traffic.

Best wishes.

GB

Julian
  • JustMakesCentsJustMakesCents Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your help Goldbuddy!
  • CoinosaurusCoinosaurus Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The light rail is really a good deal to/from the airport, and goes very close to the convention center, but usually I get lazy and take a taxi instead image

There are quite a few hotels in close proximity of the convention center but they all charge a lot. I've used the Mount Vernon quite a few times which is a lot cheaper but a few blocks north & requires walking past a lot of empty storefronts if you get my drift. Free breakfast and wireless Internet helps though.
  • WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I am hoping to make the Baltimore ANA. I plan to fly in on Tuesday the 29th and leave either late on Friday or early Saturday.

Jeff >>

Very simple responses...

1. Light rail is cheapest. Cab will cost about $30. Rental car is most flexible but expect to pay around $20 for parking.

2. Sheraton Inner Harbor, Hyatt Regency, Marriott Inner Harbor, Days Inn, and Renaissance Harborplace are the closest hotels.

3. Convention center is within walking distance from the above hotels.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • JustMakesCentsJustMakesCents Posts: 319 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for everyone's help! I'm all booked and ready to go!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file