Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

SOLD OUT - Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls - John Quincy Adams (Y01)

jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
Wow, I wonder if these will be collectable after all!

Link

Comments

• Options
    fcfc Posts: 12,789 ✭✭✭
    i do not think they will be collectible in our lifetimes.
    oh sure people will collect them.. but if you mean go up in value
    except for the finest of the plastic.. i say no.

kinda neat though to see them sold out. i never thought that would
    happen... but they essentially had to "lose money on them" to get
    rid of them.
  • Options
    I think a lot of people will pay for anything that has a US Mint item number on it.
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I think a lot of people will pay for anything that has a US Mint item number on it. >>

Yep....a lot of folks on this board fit that category.....huh?

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    claychaserclaychaser Posts: 4,405 ✭✭✭✭
    Just for fun, I have 2 units on "backorder". It will be a quick look for errors and maybe a pop-top.

==Looking for pre WW2 Commems in PCGS Rattler holders, 1851-O Three Cent Silvers in all grades

Successful, problem free and pleasant transactions with: illini420, coinguy1, weather11am,wayneherndon,wondercoin,Topdollarpaid,Julian, bishdigg,seateddime, peicesofme,ajia,CoinRaritiesOnline,savoyspecial,Boom, TorinoCobra71, ModernCoinMart, WTCG, slinc, Patches, Gerard, pocketpiececommems, BigJohnD, RickMilauskas, mirabella, Smittys, LeeG, TomB, DeusExMachina, tydye
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 for $500 with free shipping.

• Options
    These are circulated, who wants them?
    Life member of the SSDC
  • Options
    RYKRYK Posts: 35,788 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When do we get a thread entitled, "Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls - John Quincy Adams (Y01) going through the roof!!!"?
  • Options

<< <i>When do we get a thread entitled, "Circulating $1 Coin Direct Ship Rolls - John Quincy Adams (Y01) going through the roof!!!"? >>

Definite Classic !
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>These are circulated, who wants them? >>

Huh? image
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,472 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Wow, I wonder if these will be collectable after all!

Link >>

The $250 sealed boxes?

Hey, they are SOLD OUT!
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I think they sold out so fast because ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! They didn't have returns to keep their stockpile up.
  • Options

<< <i>I think they sold out so fast because ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! They didn't have returns to keep their stockpile up. >>

They will be circulated a new way. By the people , for the people. They are not circulated coins as someone alluded to earlier. They are business struck coins in Mint State condition. The Federal Reserve Bank is not having distribution rights, the people who purchased from the mint at face value will be tasked to that.
  • Options
    <<I think they sold out so fast because ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! >>

Strangely enough, my shipment included the standard mint form for returns.
  • Options

<< <i><<I think they sold out so fast because ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! >>

Strangely enough, my shipment included the standard mint form for returns. >>

A typical mint error image
  • Options

<< <i>These are circulated, who wants them? >>

Well apparently this "deal" was on fatwallet (2100 views, 370 replies) and Slickdeals. (67,000 views 396 replies).

Basically people who had reward points order the dollar to get points, cash back, etc.

I have been reading thur the replys. Most intend to turn around and deposit the money at the bank to pay off their bill. Some are keeping a roll or two. One person payed their tuition with them.
  • Options
    lope208lope208 Posts: 1,960
    Yup, I had an order that was supposed to ship by the end of June. Got the email saying yesterday it's on backorder until mid-July now.

So much for that program by the Mint. Good idea IMO to get them in circulation (even if half the people just deposit them in the bank).

What we really need is the bank to start giving them out in change!

I placed my order along the lines of TwoSides2aCoin. Errors? Pick out the 10 or 20 best and send them in. Spend the rest. I'm not really
    interested in saving whole rolls at this point. I just got 6 fresh OBW rolls of George Washington dollars at my bank the other day and
    decided to rip them all open for errors. None found.

Successful BST transactions:
    commoncents123, JrGMan2004, Coll3ctor (2), Dabigkahuna, BAJJERFAN, Boom, GRANDAM, newsman, cohodk, kklambo, seateddime, ajia, mirabela, Weather11am, keepdachange, gsa1fan, cone10
    -------------------------
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    Aren't these just like the rolls available at most Banks at face value?

Thought so.

BUT. They come in postmaked US Mint shipping boxes. Do I smell high value on eBay? Especially if any errors are found in them. image

: some people pay extra for different packaging

<< <i>

Presidential Dollar Coin & First Spouse Medal Set XP1 Worth $200?

One of the Presidential Dollar related products issued by the US Mint last year is making quite a stir on the secondary market, but I am not sure why.

It's the Thomas Jefferson Presidential $1 Coin and First Spouse Medal Set, US Mint Product Code XP1. The sets have been consistently selling for over $200 on eBay only a few months after selling out at the Mint for $7.95 per set.

This set was issued along with three other sets, for each the other three 2007 Presidential Dollars. Each set contains an uncirculated Presidential Dollar and a bronze medal for that President's Spouse. The sets went on sale at the Mint on December 3, 2007 and were priced at $7.95 per set.

Why are the Thomas Jefferson Sets selling for so much?

I have not been able to find an explanation for the huge premiums being paid. The Thomas Jefferson set sold roughly the same number of sets as the other three Presidents, which sell for a more reasonable $10-$20 each on eBay.

The sets appear to contain coins which can be easily (and much more cheaply) acquired elsewhere. The uncirculated Presidential Dollars can be obtained from many sources for close to face value. The First Spouse bronze medals can still be purchased individually from the US Mint for $3.50 each.

Is this premium being paid basically just for the packaging of a unique set surrounding common coins? If so, why only the Thomas Jefferson Sets? Is there something else unique or special about the set that I am missing?

>>

taken from the following

MINT NEWS BLOG June 20, 2008
  • Options
    Steve27Steve27 Posts: 13,274 ✭✭✭
    I have an order in for 250; originally it said "...backordered expected to ship 7/11/2008" now it says 7/16/2008. I guess I'll just wait and see.
    "It's far easier to fight for principles, than to live up to them." Adlai Stevenson
  • Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    This must be another of the "grassroots distribution" method the Mint was talking about.

The " Godless " Coins they previously used are no longer an option. Caused too much uproar with the Church Ladies.
  • Options
    BECOKABECOKA Posts: 16,957 ✭✭✭
    My order says shipped. image

Does not matter how the Mint did it or what deal site promoted the free credit card points man of these will circulated, at least to fast food chains that will dump them in the bank. image

Guess I will have to check e-bay to see how much these sold out boxes are selling for. image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file