Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

Are the lots on Ebay for MTG collections/sets worth the $$

I'm trying to build up a fantastic set, but it seems unreal that some seller would put together sets and knowingly include rares or foils that are worth more than the BIN price. Has anyone had experience with any of these auctions?

Comments

• Options
    I'd have to say it's going to vary auction by auction...I'd think most people with cards worth selling are going to try and maximize their money by listing out the rares seperately.

One thing I've been thinking of doing is checking craigslist...might be an idea for you?
  • Options
    I actually advertised that I was looking to buy on craigslist and got around 20,000 cards with boat loads of foils and two binders of rares. Don't know what I'm going to do with the rest yet, but yeah, craigslist is great. I'm on the east coast and actually got mine from a gentleman on the west coast but it was still a great deal including shipping.
  • Options
    Hey All,

Sometimes those lots are good, but more often than not they're just junk. Until you really know your stuff, I'd steer clear. Neat to hear about your good fortune with Craigslist - I've never used them image

Take it easy,
    Jared
    "You consider me the young apprentice,
    Caught between the Scylla and Charibdes,
    Hypnotized by you if I should linger,
    Staring at the ring around your finger" - Sting

Ray Thiel (1964-2007) - the man who showed me more wonderful games & gaming sessions than I ever dreamed possible... you ran out of hit points too young, my friend.