Home Sports Talk
Options

Phillies have alligator blood, Mets have rabbit blood

stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
discuss

Comments

• Options
    If anyone wants to discuss the biological differences between alligators and rabbits, then that would be fine.
  • Options
    bunnies are cute, alligators make great boots.
  • Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> bunnies are cute, alligators make great boots. >>

Good one!

• Options
    TheVonTheVon Posts: 2,725
    Bunnies are famous for their copious amounts of mating. Alligators are known for being on polo shirts.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Bunnies taste good. So do alligators.
  • Options
    yankeeno7yankeeno7 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭
    Matt
    How many gators have you run over with your mower down there in Florida? Did you ever take one to have shoes or a purse made?
    Enquiring minds want to know.
  • Options
    That explains it, you are cold-blooded. Of course you were going to manage a winning record now, wait until later when the temperature drops and you will be back to the bottom where you belong.
    My baseball and MMA articles-
    http://sportsfansnews.com/author/andy-fischer/

imagey
  • Options
    Rabbits have a lot of stolen bases.
  • Options
    dirtmonkeydirtmonkey Posts: 3,048 ✭✭
    When attempting to make a kill, gators roll over. Guess that's close to the Phillies as they'll probably roll over in crunch time. And like a rabbit, Kevin will again jump off the bandwagon.
  • Options

<< <i>Matt
    How many gators have you run over with your mower down there in Florida? Did you ever take one to have shoes or a purse made?
    Enquiring minds want to know. >>

I have seen gators fairly close in lakes and retention areas but never on land. However, I did happen across a rattlesnake (probably an Eastern Diamond Back but I'm not Jeff Corwin so I can't be certain. This thing was every bit of 12' long with a head as large as a grapefruit.....no lie.

I was cutting a commercial building's vacant lot when I saw him. I was on my rider so I was able to get within inches of him but he was too busy making tracks heading for a ditch. Never again did I see another that big. This thing was beatiful and probably got that large due to the rodent and bunny population in the lot.

Water Mocasins (Cotton Mouths) are way different. These things are very aggressive and if they see you, they actually come closer to check you out. One made that mistake one day when I was trimming a hedge by a retention area. I believe I was close to his / her nest and it came after me image It was missing it's head when I was done with it image

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Water Mocasins (Cotton Mouths) are way different. These things are very aggressive and if they see you, they actually come closer to check you out. One made that mistake one day when I was trimming a hedge by a retention area. I believe I was close to his / her nest and it came after me image It was missing it's head when I was done with it image >>

Hi MATT image
  • Options
    I'm not going to start any more threads like this if the only responses are going to be funny, witty comments and very interesting stories.

I wanted some hard-core nasty smack talk! image

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Matt
    Enquiring minds want to know. >>

I have seen gators fairly close in lakes and retention areas but never on land. However, I did happen across a rattlesnake (probably an Eastern Diamond Back but I'm not Jeff Corwin so I can't be certain. This thing was every bit of 12' long with a head as large as a grapefruit.....no lie.

I was cutting a commercial building's vacant lot when I saw him. I was on my rider so I was able to get within inches of him but he was too busy making tracks heading for a ditch. Never again did I see another that big. This thing was beatiful and probably got that large due to the rodent and bunny population in the lot.

Water Mocasins (Cotton Mouths) are way different. These things are very aggressive and if they see you, they actually come closer to check you out. One made that mistake one day when I was trimming a hedge by a retention area. I believe I was close to his / her nest and it came after me image It was missing it's head when I was done with it image >>

Matt - I hope you charged a little bit more money for job sites with dangerous creatures - when invoicing the customer, call it "combat pay" or something like that? image
  • Options

<< <i>Matt - I hope you charged a little bit more money for job sites with dangerous creatures - when invoicing the customer, call it "combat pay" or something like that? image >>

I should.

My brother has the same type of business I have. One of his employees at the time was weed-wacking a ditch at a Condo and a Cotton Mouth came out of the water and darted right though the guys legs. The guy got so scared he took off running to the poolhouse restroom and proceeded to drop a deuce image
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not going to start any more threads like this if the only responses are going to be funny, witty comments and very interesting stories.

You might want to go to the bathroom and smack your self. It might make you feel better.

image >>

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm not going to start any more threads like this if the only responses are going to be funny, witty comments and very interesting stories.

You might want to go to the bathroom and smack your self. It might make you feel better.

I just had Maria Sharapova come over and give me a good spanking - and now I do feel better.
  • Options
    Where's all them Mets fans at? Already given up on them and you're looking forward to seeing the Jets play huh? Ah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    The Mutts will soon be winning games like Rabbits reproduce.

The Sillies are still mired in a losing streak.

Steve
    Good for you.