Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Record Ebay prices tonight

- An 86-87 Rambis PSA 9 for $60 when the vcp average is $15 (mentioned in another thread).
- An 86-87 Marques Johnson PSA 10 for $405 when the vcp average was $175
- A Bruce Sutter PSA 9 RC for $180 when the vcp avg is $90

These are all cards that are not that hard to come by, and they are all records for the card in that grade on VCP by about an average of 250%

Comments

• Options
    rajah424rajah424 Posts: 439 ✭✭
    Splendid.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    Splendid indeed sir.
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Have any other sellers experienced this with auctions ending tonight? I can't be the only one. Any possible explanations?
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    Would you mind listing a few of my cards image
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    Jeff- believe me, I'm usually the guy who looks at his completed auctions and wonders why I'm giving everything away. I guess it averages out in the end.
  • Options

<< <i>Have any other sellers experienced this with auctions ending tonight? >>

I think you may be the only one.

The guy that I won a bunch of cards from tonight wasn't so lucky. I won 8 cards at his opening bids.
  • Options
    Big80sBig80s Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭
    I do think Sunday night is a prime night to end your auctions. Timing is everything.
    Let's Rip It: PackGeek.com
    Jeff
  • Options
    mmyncmmync Posts: 678
    I set a record tonight
  • Options
    I was beat out on a few cards today, even when bidding above vcp ...
    I was bummed

$230

$64

$920

not on vcp, but sold higher than usual $96
  • Options

<< <i>I set a record tonight >>

How many did you drink?
  • Options
    1668 hits,,31 bids, And it only ENDS UP SELLING FOR $565
  • Options
    relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    I was checking out the Koufax 1955 PSA7 and the average for the last 5 auctions was $828, and tonight it went for $920 that's a nice jump. Gary
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • Options
    I lost out on a PSA 7 Sam Huff RC tonight, it sold for 55.00 which is the 2nd highest its sold for in the last 2 years....I thought for sure I'de win it for vcp average....lol

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options

<< <i>I was checking out the Koufax 1955 PSA7 and the average for the last 5 auctions was $828, and tonight it went for $920 that's a nice jump. Gary >>

my snipe was 820...
  • Options
    I had a card that should only sell for 2 or 3.00 sell for 15.00
  • Options
    I sold a card for .99 cents and the buyer paid $1.70 for insurance.
  • Options

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What recession? LOL
  • Options
    scooter729scooter729 Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭
    There are many ebay 10% off coupons which expire today (June 30) so maybe people were willing to spend a bit more to use up coupons before they expire? Not sure, but that's all I can come up with to explain it....
  • Options
    what time does that coupon expire?

nevermind...found it 11:59 this evening...whew!
  • Options
    MorgothMorgoth Posts: 3,950 ✭✭✭
    I was looking at that Ryan, you gotta admit that 69 Ryan has they eye appeal of an 8 and might be a 7.5
    Currently completing the following registry sets: Cardinal HOF's, 1961 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1972 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, 1980 Pittsburgh Pirates Team, Bill Mazeroski Master & Basic Sets, Roberto Clemente Master & Basic Sets, Willie Stargell Master & Basic Sets and Terry Bradshaw Basic Set
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Had my 1954-55 Topps PSA 8 Mosienko close Sunday night at $598.00. Previous eBay sales had been $370.00 and $456.01. Over 20 8's in the pop as well as a couple of 9's, so it's not the toughest card in the world.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I got a record low buy price for this card, it is easily a $100 card, I came very close to buying another one with a BIN for $149.00 about a month ago but decided to wait it out. Im glad I did, I put a $100 high bid on this and took it down for $39.99 image

• Options
    Glenn Davis does a pretty good DeNiro.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Say what Mr.Lee?

• Options
    I heard things.
  • Options

<< <i>Have any other sellers experienced this with auctions ending tonight? I can't be the only one. Any possible explanations? >>

about average for me 77 topps PSA 9 Ryan sold for 161.50 . Highest sale for PSA 9 290.00 lowest 102.00 Last 5 sales avg 170.
    Lee only explanation is you got lucky enjoy it and savor it , because next week or next month the record highs might turn into the record lows.image
  • Options
    Maybe word of mouth about my reputation as the greatest person who ever lived is getting around and all these buyers just want to be part of the experience.
  • Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There are many ebay 10% off coupons which expire today (June 30) so maybe people were willing to spend a bit more to use up coupons before they expire? Not sure, but that's all I can come up with to explain it.... >>

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment.
  • Options
    RogermnjRogermnj Posts: 1,809 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There are many ebay 10% off coupons which expire today (June 30) so maybe people were willing to spend a bit more to use up coupons before they expire? Not sure, but that's all I can come up with to explain it.... >>

I think you hit the nail on the head with this comment. >>

so people are buying Lee's cards for 200% to get 10% off? Thats like the old "everything at my table is half off double book"
  • Options
    +1 for ebay coupons
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>I think I got a record low buy price for this card, it is easily a $100 card, I came very close to buying another one with a BIN for $149.00 about a month ago but decided to wait it out. Im glad I did, I put a $100 high bid on this and took it down for $39.99 image

image >>

Cool card. Glenn 'Army' Davis doing his best Tom Fears impression.
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Gotta love the "night" ball on those old Bowman cards.

While the Mosienko was going strong, I managed to grab a '48 Bowman Bulldog Turner in EX (SGC graded) for the opening bid of $59.99 while the VCP average on a 5 is $141.00. Looks like it may cross if the corner lifts lie down. Not the prettiest, but still better than the one I've already got in a holder.
  • Options
    envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    You suck Lee. I sold some HOF rc's and on about $2100 in sales, I was $230 net below VCP avg.
  • Options
    It wasn't all gumdrops and rainbows- a few of my items sold for less than expected. Overall though, I can honestly say that it was the greatest night in the history of my life.