Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

So I get this paypal payment...

I sell a card on best offer and the guy pays immediately. Great right!?!

I open up paypal and I see "Accept - "Deny" buttons next to the payment. I open the payment details and I see "Seller Protection Policy - Ineligible" I go back out to the summary page and I mouse over the "Deny" button, which is grayed out and it says "ebay sellers are obligated to accept all payment types". I accept the payment and it shows buyer is "Verified Premier - 6 yrs - 100 unique sellers paid"

I'm not worried about it but I thought it quite odd that they would make the payment SPP ineligible and give me an accept/deny button but yet I can only hit accept.

Anybody else seen this? This is a first for me.

Comments

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
  • AllenAllen Posts: 7,165 ✭✭✭
    I have. I have my settings set so that if a buyer with an unconfirmed address pays it will ask me before the payment is accepted. I get that option when an unconfirmed address buyer pays, if you click accept you have the option to deny it on the next page, but I have not denied any because they were all low value.
  • envoy98envoy98 Posts: 4,000 ✭✭
    I did not have the oppty to deny it on the next page. Not that I saw anyway. Seems odd that the buyer is a "Verified Premier" member but unconfirmed address. I've always had the ability to accept/deny for these types of payments so I am familiar with that. Just seemed odd that they give you that option and then have the "Deny" button disabled and saying that all ebay sellers are obligated to accept. If a seller decides they don't want to accept it they have to refund it or it just goes into payment purgatory. Never adding to the receivers acct and never being refunded to the buyer. Interesting.

I have another payment that I accepted last week and already shipped (and received feedback on) that still shows as "Pending" on the ebay Selling status.
  • clayshooter22clayshooter22 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭
    I see it from time to time. I typically accept from repeat buyers and talk guys through getting confirmed if they are first timers. If they refuse to confirm, I deny. I just don't wantto take the chance and feel any person who is not trying to scam me will get confirmed. Takes only a couple of days at most for most first timers.

Mike

Kirby Puckett Master Set
  • acowaacowa Posts: 945 ✭✭
    With paypal, there are different levels of accounts. I have run into the same situation that you're bringing up. In my case, I have an old generation personal account that lets me accept $500 per month in cash transfers (no credit cards). They don't make any money on this type of account so they do little things to pressure me to "upgrade" to an account that charges me on credit cards or cash transfers (3%). Whenever I get a credit card payment, it asks me if I want to upgrade my account and grays out the deny option. The bad part is that if you don't upgrade, the money justs sits there for a month and you get umpteen reminders to upgrade...while the buyer gets irate.

I don't advertise paypal in my auctions but do extend cash transfers as a courtesy to the buyer if it makes their life easier. I always explain to any potential buyer the situation prior to paypal payment...but some still pay by credit card.

Anyways, this might be what occurred in your case.

Regards,

Alan
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    What Alan said is correct.

Steve
    Good for you.