Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Just Added My First Showcase Set

I just added my first showcase set. It's in the "Singles" category and has 541 items ranging from T-206's to early 1990's stuff. It's listed as "Steve's Star Singles" and is a collection of HOF and various other star cards not in my Registry sets. Take a peek & thanks!

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have an awesome collection! Nice variety of HOF'ers
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭

Here's a link to pics of some of Machodoc's cards.

Nice stuff! Now get to work and put up scans of those 541 cards in your showcase for us to see. image
    Pix of 'My Kids'

"How about a little fire Scarecrow ?"
  • Options
    Amazing Collection! those Satchell Paige and Roy Campanella cards I can't say Ive ever seen before! I sure would love to get more vintage baseball someday....

Mark
    --------------------------------------------
    NFL HOF RC SET
  • Options
    Wolfie, thanks for the link assist!

I've added about 40 new images, which are all I have available right now.
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    MachodocMachodoc Posts: 541
    Thanks! My 1933 Goudey set has now moved up from #10 to #9 and I'm going to try and post a few more pix from that set as well as I've been steadily upgrading recently.
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭
    Your set is truely awesome !!!!
    nice variety of major hofers and all higher grades. It might help your inventory if you split some of them up into player sets.
    52 mantle 7 yikes!!!!
    Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    marinermariner Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Steve, those are just great....congrats!!
    Don

Collect primarily 1959-1963 Topps Baseball
    set registry id Don Johnson Collection
    ebay id truecollector14
  • Options
    VitoCo1972VitoCo1972 Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭
    Wow, and he tosses in a 33 Goudey Lajoie for good measure. My jaw is on the floor. Hats off to you sir. Fantastic collection.
  • Options
    Jay,

At one point I had about 15 player sets in the registry, all 100% complete, except I think the Mantle was missing one card. At one point I had the #1 Bench basic set. I lost interest in player sets when they started adding more and more obscure issues. I also began cutting down on my slab count a couple of years ago, and about 6 months ago I deleted all of my player sets because I was no longer interested in keeping up the chase.

After selling all of my post 1952 registry sets in this Spring's REA auction (except for my 1970 Kelloggs baseball and football), I'm down to nine sets, all complete: 1933 Goudey, 1948, 1949, and 1951 Bowman, 1952 Topps, and the 1963 Astronauts and the 1969 Man on the Moon sets, plus the two Kelloggs 1970 sets (I have a couple of complete Kelloggs sets not on the registry as well). All of the baseball sets except the 1948 Bowman (#11) are top ten, while my 1969 Moon set is #2.

My days of starting new sets is long past. All I'm doing now is upgrading my Goudey set, and there are 3 cards in my 1952 Topps set (GPA 7.09) I'm looking to upgrade.

Thanks again for the kind comments!