Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

opinions on review submissions size??

Anybody have any experience/opinions on vintage large (>100) card review submissions. I've sent in large generic submissions. I'm just wondering if I should break up a 160 submission into a couple smaller ones.

Thanks........................

Comments

• Options
    MphilkingMphilking Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭
    I personally have not sent in large submissions, but my good friend sends submissions of 200-300 regularly, no differences grade wise as to when he sends in smaller submissions.
  • Options
    Thanks for the note.

I'm not sure if submitting 3-4 of the same card in 8 doesn't raise red flags for the pop reports. Side by side comparisons may also hurt the individual evaluation of cards.

I'm just thinking out loud. Obviously, each card should be evaluated by itself. However, human input could be a factor.

• Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭
    I've never sent it more than a few cards for just reviews, so I'm not sure what's the best way to do them. The side by side comparison of the same card might not help you either.

For just grading, personally I've done better on grades with larger subs. Not sure why this is. I'm talking subs over 400 cards or more. I also mix up the cards a lot so the graders don't get bored with the same years cards right after one another. I might have 7 or 8 of one year, then go to a different issue and list a few of those next, then switch to another issue, and so on. Just mixing up the cards.

I really don't know if that even helps, but I've tried everything possible on subs to find out what gets me the best/most accurate results. This method has worked best for me.

Honestly, I think a lot depends on WHO the grader is that's grading your cards. Since everyone has a slightly different viewpoint on what constitutes an 8 or 9, you sometimes end up with a little inconsistency. And this is with all grading companies to some extent.

Whether or not the same principles are applied with reviews and raw card grading, I don't know.

Like Cuse said, all cards should be judged on their own merits.
  • Options
    Mickey71Mickey71 Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭✭
    I do agree with the point about side by side comparisons of the same card hurting the submitter. Not for grading but reviewing. If I have 4 1967 Mantle's PSA 8 that are really nice, I believe that only one would get the half grade even if a couple were deserving. I think it's only human nature to compare them. Send your best one in and go from there.
    Mickey71