DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Don,

very very nice. I have more great britian pennies than canadian. But I havent seen one in that great of shape after buying several (200 pounds or so) of world coin lots.

chris
  • Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    Chris:

What do you do with all the bulk world coins after you're thru searching them? Or are you a reseller? I'd love to look thru a bulk lot for Canadian, Mexican, Aussie, NZ, and British coins, but wouldn't have any outlet for the left-overs afterwards, other than possibly ebay (but who'd want to buy my "searched" discards?!). And these days, how can one tell whether what you're buying as bulk is really unsearched or not anyway?

- - Daveimage
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd love to look thru a bulk lot for Canadian, Mexican, Aussie, NZ, and British coins, but wouldn't have any outlet for the left-overs afterwards, other than possibly ebay (but who'd want to buy my "searched" discards?!). >>

Last time I had a big bag of mixed world coins, I sorted it by country and picked out the ones I needed for my collection. In the past, I'd just mix the leftovers up and sell them in 100-200 piece lots, but this time, I tried selling the extras on eBay grouped by country. I ended up making more on the extras than I paid for the whole lot to begin with.

FWIW...
  • Options
    ColinCMRColinCMR Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭
    very nice!!
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Nice pick up! I love looking at others finds even if they are out of my main collecting area... I wouldn't mind having that one ('cause it's purdy)...

Rick
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    coffeycecoffeyce Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭
    Dave,

I can go through and get you the canadian, NZ, aussie coins. I can give you the british besides the older pennies I keep. If you would like them. I actually have about 50 pounds right now i na box I was figuring out what to do with lol.

chris
  • Options
    HussuloHussulo Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭
    Very nice Don, it looks to have some nice lustre remaining on the reverse. image

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Received the coin today. To say the least it doesn't have the color that the image showed. The coin is basically Brown. It is Unc though. Not worth the time and expense of sending it back.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate when the sellers images are played around with to imply redimage

I picked this one up over the weekend, I wonder?image
    It's supposed to be AU. and red/brown. I think it will be 90% brown
    but it was reasonableimage
    and besides I like these.

Stefanie

• Options
    BillyKingsleyBillyKingsley Posts: 2,661 ✭✭✭✭
    I've never seen one that old before. The oldest Canadian I've seen is 1949-and I stupidly didn't buy it at the 10 cents asking price! (sigh). I like the reverse. Very plain and simple yet elegant.

I must get myself some of these bulk lots that were disgussed. Where do you get them? Even if they HAVE been searched I'd be happy to add them to my collection anyway. I don't even mind duplicates-that's good trading stock! image
    Billy Kingsley ANA R-3146356 Cardboard History // Numismatic History
  • Options
    LouieLouie Posts: 1,132
    Beautiful coin. Would love to have that one for my own collection but that is just a wish. Just picked up the 1858 in au for the last coin needed for my large cent collection which is now complete. Nothing to do now but to concentrate on my silver five cent, half dollar and dollar (voyageur) collections. BTW, I got lots of dups of Canadian coins to swap. If anyone out there needs any, drop me a line and maybe I can help.