Home Sports Talk
Options

Jered Weaver and Jose Arredondo pitched a combined "No Hitter" but the Angels lost

What a bummer!!!!

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."

Comments

• Options
    bman90278bman90278 Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭

<< <i> What a bummer!!!! >>

I feel for you, I've been there a million times as Dodgers fan...been a very non-productive 20 years!

I'm a Dodger fan, but I also like to see the Angels do well against anyone, but the Dodgers. So I'm happy. Jered certainly didn't help his cause on a very bad play on a ground ball which put the Dodgers on base and his 3 base on balls, and his high pitch count for 6 innings.

I really don't like Jered or his brother, so I'm very, very happy to see him get the "L" and not get an "official" no hitter. It really looks like the Angels bats are really cool right now and from reading the paper this week, Scioscia was expressing some major concerns about their patience at the plate, which should worry the Angels and their fans at this point.

Either way, that was a big win for the Dodgers and another solid performance from Chad Billingsley and now he's 7-7 with his ERA dropping down to the 3.30 neighborhood. Now I can only hope when Furcal, Jones and Garciaparra come back it adds some pop in their lineup.

• Options
    First thing I thought of when I heard that was Andy Hawkins losing a game like this 4-0 a few years ago. Then I heard on Sportscenter that we're coming up on the 18th anniversary of that game, and I realized that I'm getting old as hell, fast...
  • Options
    LOL. I remember the Andy Hawkins game like it was yesterday. The down days of the early 90's Yankees.

"The answer was in the Patriots eyes. Gone were the swagger and c0ck sure smirks, replaced by downcast eyes and heads in hands. For his poise and leadership Eli Manning was named the game's MVP. The 2007 Giants were never perfect nor meant to be. They were fighters, scrappers....now they could be called something else, World Champions."
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    i see their not even going to list it as a no-hitter since the dodgers did not bat in the 9th.
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭✭
    yea thats a pretty weird deal. Weird way to lose a ball game.
    John
    Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS