Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Trolling eBay and won this Candian Cent

ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
PCGS AU53 1922
I hope the coin is nicer than the image, if not, PCGS is grading very loosely. Coin Trend for $110 in AU.

DPOTD-3
'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don

Comments

• Options
    I'm currently watching an auction of an NGC AU55 US-PI 1934-M Five Centavos that seems even further off the mark, and I am considering taking a chance, just as you apparently did on your win. I still haven't made up my mind though. I don't really need the coin, but hey, it costs real money to get a coin certifed, so I thought I might simply place a bid for that amount.
  • Options
    coinpicturescoinpictures Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭

<< <i>PCGS AU53 1922
    I hope the coin is nicer than the image, if not, PCGS is grading very loosely. Coin Trend for $110 in AU. >>

It better be nicer than the pic... I wouldn't give the coin in the pic EF45, let alone AU.
  • Options
    Also won this one

1924 cent

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    laurentyvanlaurentyvan Posts: 4,243 ✭✭✭
    Don, I think you've warned others about ending auctions on Saturday night- good hunting eh?image
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics
    is that you end up being governed by inferiors. – Plato
  • Options
    Rickc300Rickc300 Posts: 876 ✭✭
    Hmmm... How does that saying go? Buy the coin, not the holder/slab/plastic? Or something along those lines? LOL, Here is my latest purchase for my grading set of this type. It seems I have been selling under-graded duplicate coins for years!
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed lamb contesting that vote. Benjamin Franklin - 1779

1836 Capped Liberty
    dime. My oldest US
    detecting find so far.
    I dig almost every
    signal I get for the most
    part. Go figure...
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not the best images. There are striking isses with some George V cents. I would hold off until one has the coin in hand and takes a good look at the fields. I think the fields will be the test as to whether these are graded right

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    Received the 1922 1c PCGS AU53 and 1924 1c PCGS AU55 today. Both coins are accurately graded. They are much, much nicer than the images in the auctions.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options

<< <i>Received the 1922 1c PCGS AU53 and 1924 1c PCGS AU55 today. Both coins are accurately graded. They are much, much nicer than the images in the auctions. >>

In that case, you're dangerously close to a "you suck." image
  • Options
    Thanks Dan.

DPOTD-3

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    coinkatcoinkat Posts: 22,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats

Experience the World through Numismatics...it's more than you can imagine.

• Options
    shirohniichanshirohniichan Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Received the 1922 1c PCGS AU53 and 1924 1c PCGS AU55 today. Both coins are accurately graded. They are much, much nicer than the images in the auctions. >>

I'm glad to hear that. I wouldn't have bid on the coins because the photos looked subpar. You suck, eh?
    Obscurum per obscurius